JBQ Spacer or T-Bird Riser User Experience?

Jay

E pluribus unum
Ride
2023 Rocket 3 GT (Ego), 2021 Zero SR/S (Earth)
I’m wanting to make some adjustments to my handlebar set up and looking at starting small to see how things feel before doing major adjustments which might require new cables and things. So I’m looking at the JBQ handlebar riser spacers or possibly T-Bird risers and wondering if anybody else has used them and can provide feedback.

Ultimately I want more pull back, but not more height. I ordered the Valkyrie handlebars which are a little narrower and not as much rise. So I want to do a little experimenting to dial this in before I order expensive risers like the Rivco or a custom brand.

Note that I am riding a 2013 Touring.

Last edited:
When I bought my 2014 R3T, it already had risers on it. Not sure who made them. They could be Rivco or ScootWorks. They move the bars up and back. Work well for me.

@PaddyO Can you take pictures of your risers? I didn't realize Scootworks makes spacer type as well and provide more pull back than the JBQ spacers. I will look into theirs a bit more.

Pretty sure PaddyO has the Rivco risers they were on sale for a while check their web site.

@Fingers Thanks, Ricvo doesn't list the Touring risers any longer when I use the "Shop by Bike" option. Just the risers for the Roadster. A few outlets say they still carry the Touring version though, so I am assuming they should still be able to be sourced.

Paul, I don't recall, did you have to change out your brake line? I saw you ordered the clutch cable, but I might have missed if you had to adjust anything on the right. Also, are you still using the factory handlebar? I just received a Valkyrie bar to see if I like the 2" narrower feel, but it also doesn't have as much rise so cable lengths may not be an issue if I were to get to the 1" up and 2"back. However, the stock bar may not have the same slack if I stick with that.

Good thing I prototype for a living. Adjust, test a little, learn a little, repeat.

@Ishrub thanks for the link. Unfortunately I tried that route already and will have to try resellers. But at that price point ($190) I am exploring options to make sure it is exactly what will suite my ride.

Just the clutch cable. While the instructions suggested the stock cable would work with rerouting, other pioneers on here had worked it out, and I followed their lead, with good results.

Back