It's time I went naked!

Having just changed my fork oil, I took my beasty for a quick test ride to make sure everything was ok. I decided not to fit the flyscreen for some reason and I was pleasantly surprised to find that the buffeting that I normally get has totally gone! Seriously I was shocked - I normally get double vision above 70mph but this time it was lovely and smooth.
I have been plagued with visor rattles and wind noise in the past - I even tried a Tourer screen to see if that would help but nothing worked.
Does anyone else prefer going naked? 😲 :) Is there a solution to solve the buffeting with the standard flyscreen
Having just changed my fork oil, I took my beasty for a quick test ride to make sure everything was ok. I decided not to fit the flyscreen for some reason and I was pleasantly surprised to find that the buffeting that I normally get has totally gone! Seriously I was shocked - I normally get double vision above 70mph but this time it was lovely and smooth.
I have been plagued with visor rattles and wind noise in the past - I even tried a Tourer screen to see if that would help but nothing worked.
Does anyone else prefer going naked? 😲 :) Is there a solution to solve the buffeting with the standard flyscreen
I installed this Mohawk flyscreen it does nothing but look good just like riding naked.

Attachments

• 20220622_090313.jpg
    20220622_090313.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 26
No windscreen for me, the turbulence makes my head shake and I'm not a fan of the looks. Tried adjusting on my old Harley, which had a very adjustable windscreen and nothing worked, ever since then I've gone without. Bugs suck but not as much as my head shaking.

Record temps here in the UK (40 degrees is unheard of!)
Fitted the Madstad flyscreen yesterday but its too hot to put my crash helmet on and go for a test ride - looks good though :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 20220720_112024[1].jpg
    20220720_112024[1].jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 12
Just had a good test of the Madstad flyscreen and it is a huge improvement over the OEM one. Still not perfect but I can ride with my visor up without any excess turbulence (or bugs) at normal road speeds. Putting my visor down for motorway rides and there is inevitably a little bit of noise but very acceptable indeed. I think the smooth, rounded shape makes things much better.
I'm not naked any more and enjoying it again :cool:

I say whatever floats your particular boat. For me, I am keeping the Power Bronze windshield.

Back