It's my turn, Battery finally gave it up

Bob R

Living Legend
Ride
2013 R3T
I should be kicking myself in the ass. I knew the battery was going bad, if I rode every day it would start, but let it sit a few days and nothing but a click when hitting the happy button and would need topped off with the charger. So it sat since last Friday and after getting all geared up and straddling the beast I hit the "let's go" go to work button and it said "click". So here I am, driving my truck when I should be riding, the season has started and it is time to park the truck until at least November. I guess getting 6 years out of the OEM battery is not a bad thing. The only bad thing is I knew it was going bad and procrastinated getting a new one and now I am missing some riding. :(

Why don't we ever learn? ;)

bob

I should be kicking myself in the ass. I knew the battery was going bad, if I rode every day it would start, but let it sit a few days and nothing but a click when hitting the happy button and would need topped off with the charger. So it sat since last Friday and after getting all geared up and straddling the beast I hit the "let's go" go to work button and it said "click". So here I am, driving my truck when I should be riding, the season has started and it is time to park the truck until at least November. I guess getting 6 years out of the OEM battery is not a bad thing. The only bad thing is I knew it was going bad and procrastinated getting a new one and now I am missing some riding. :(

Why don't we ever learn? ;)

bob

Glad to hear you got six years out of it. The dealer put a new one in mine when they got it. Wish tires would last that long. Hey, I'll put in your battery if you change my tire?

Back