ISCV not adjusting stepper voltage??

RockyIII

Supercharged
Hi everyone,

A quick question if I may, I went to adjust the primary TPS in tuneecu and no probs .60 then onto the ISCV nut, I turned the nut in both directions but the voltage didn't change from .69 and I'd like to get to .72 I believe.

I hope I'm turning the correct nut which is at the rear of the Primary stepper and has a little yellow paint on it, is that right? with a little black piece of rubber? ]

Am I doing something wrong? Advice greatly accepted.

If I am turning the correct nut, which direction should I be turning it? up or down as you look at it?

Thanks

I've done the tps to .60 fine, it's the iscv nut they ask to change in the next step, if that makes sense. Because the second step i'm at .69. Which nut does it mean exactly.

Thanks

Is it the 7mm nut at the rear of the primary stepper motor?

If it is, I have moved it in both directions but the voltage remains the same at .69v.

I guess I should be ok at .69v anyway, can anyone confirm.

Thanks.

Rocky...

Take a look here.... TuneECU TPS and ISC Stepper Adjustment - Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums

Thanks for the link Bonecarver, I have read that before, and I believe I have been trying to adjust the same nut at the rear of the primary stepper, but it didn't adjust the voltage on tuneecu. Is itr possible i need to turn the nut quite a lot to change the reading. The readings are still as they were in the beginning, .60 + .09 = .69 at iscv. I think I'm within limits, but was just getting concerned that the voltage wasn't changing when I turned the nut with my 7mm spanner.

Do you any experience or knowledge about this, cheers, Ben

Rocky,
I did adjust mine weeks ago and for the life of me ( did so much to the bike ) I do not remember how much movement was required. I am home today so I will make adjustments to mine to see how it reacts.

Curt

Thanks Curt, look forward to understanding this point a bit better. But if I do adjust up from .69 to .72 using the iscv nut, will it be worse because I will also be adjusting the 0.5mm gap or something like that or does it not really affect things that much to worry about?

Cheers

Thanks Curt, look forward to understanding this point a bit better. But if I do adjust up from .69 to .72 using the iscv nut, will it be worse because I will also be adjusting the 0.5mm gap or something like that or does it not really affect things that much to worry about?

Cheers

Your close right now, it could be your .5 mm is not quite right but real close.

Thanks Warp, by the way, you couldn't suggest a fairly rich map for my stock air flow and crazy free flowing straight through 3-1 custom full exhaust system could you?

Having a hard time getting a good map with o2 turned off also.

Cheers

Back