Is there much of a market for the R3 in the UK

azmerlin

.020 Over
Ride
T Rocker III
Hi all,

I am looking to buy a 2014 R3R and just wanted to know how easy it may be to sell in the future if I fancy an upgrade.
Cheers, Al

Hi all,

I am looking to buy a 2014 R3R and just wanted to know how easy it may be to sell in the future if I fancy an upgrade.
Cheers, Al
Will be real hard to find another bike to upgrade to after riding the rocket and feeling all that power. You will never want to change until you get so old the weight of the machine is too much, at that point convert it to a trike :)

Will be real hard to find another bike to upgrade to after riding the rocket and feeling all that power. You will never want to change until you get so old the weight of the machine is too much, at that point convert it to a trike :)
Fair point, but still I just wanted to know in case

Hi all,

Cheers, Al
Eyup,
There is a steady trade in Rockets in the UK, with used bikes generally holding their price well. The lowest price rocket in good condition is £6k for a well used 04-05 bike and that figure has been firm for years. That has had the effect of holding prices of newer bikes up to similar static levels. The release of the R3 has also seen a bump in values of post 2010 RIII's, with dealers asking nearly new prices for later Roadsters.
Sometimes bikes don't sell because they're either overpriced, or over modified. Standard bikes with Triumph accessories and tasteful modifications sell easiest, so buy a bike that's been well looked after.
A 2014 should be spotless, and with a full service history will suffer very little in depreciation in the current market.
Allowww.

Eyup,
There is a steady trade in Rockets in the UK, with used bikes generally holding their price well. The lowest price rocket in good condition is £6k for a well used 04-05 bike and that figure has been firm for years. That has had the effect of holding prices of newer bikes up to similar static levels. The release of the R3 has also seen a bump in values of post 2010 RIII's, with dealers asking nearly new prices for later Roadsters.
Sometimes bikes don't sell because they're either overpriced, or over modified. Standard bikes with Triumph accessories and tasteful modifications sell easiest, so buy a bike that's been well looked after.
A 2014 should be spotless, and with a full service history will suffer very little in depreciation in the current market.
Allowww.
Well it might seem that way but at the same time I struggled to sell my 64 reg roadster. Went eventually to the middle man since in weeks had no interest at all despite reasonable price- less than 10k for 13k milage. Covid winter instability in jobs it all makes it more difficult to sell.
And the market is for chosen few. Its a very specific type of bike. Not much of an upgrade from it.

Well it might seem that way but at the same time I struggled to sell my 64 reg roadster. Went eventually to the middle man since in weeks had no interest at all despite reasonable price- less than 10k for 13k milage. Covid winter instability in jobs it all makes it more difficult to sell.
And the market is for chosen few. Its a very specific type of bike. Not much of an upgrade from it.
Eyup,
Rockets certainly are a niche product there's no denying that, not everyone has £10k to throw at a years old bike, and I've know them be advertised for several months before selling to the right buyer.
With the few details you've given just under £10k is dealer money, with £9k being closer to the mark. It may have been that the money wasn't quite right, or it was end of season.
Buyers are still out there. We have a steady stream of inquiries about the R3OCUK from new owners that roughly doubles through the better part of the year.
Allowww

Eyup,
Allowww.
thanks for the insights.

Thanks for all the responses, one more question, what would be more important to look for ( seeing as all the ones I have seen advertised look well maintained) low milage or age?
Would I be better off with an ultra low (2/3k) or a newer model? If I know I won't add much milage to it, for resale value and ease, would I again be better off with a 2014 2K miles @ £10.5 or a 2011 with 15K miles @ £9.0. Not an easy question, but I have seen so many that I am trying to decide and any help re priority would help.

2011 of newer has the upgrades already done in engine. Look for one in good condition with service records if possible plus make sure it has all the accessories you want on it. Very hard to find sissy bar and saddle bags etc if they are not already attached. Triumph stopped selling most of the accessories so you need to look to forums, ebay and wrecking yards for accessories.

2011 of newer has the upgrades already done in engine. Look for one in good condition with service records if possible plus make sure it has all the accessories you want on it. Very hard to find sissy bar and saddle bags etc if they are not already attached. Triumph stopped selling most of the accessories so you need to look to forums, ebay and wrecking yards for accessories.
Thanks, will do.

Back