atlsrt44

Nitrous
Ride
2018 rocket 3 roadster
Wasnt sure where to put this but if this isn't right place feel free to relocate.

Anyways I introduced myself but if you didnt see it I'm from georgia (the state not country) and just bought a 2018 roadster.

I also am an insurance adjuster so I wanted to discuss insurance real quick.

For my over seas friends sorry but I know nothing about your insurance other than I'm sure it's highly regulated.

Anyways another disclaimer. My experience is in the southeast us so your laws may vary greatly.

One thing I urge for anyone not in a no fault state is carry uninsured (UM) and underinsured (UIM) coverage on your bike.

(If in Ga avoid that reduced crap)

Unfortunately I see way too often where a biker is hit and injured and the other driver only has the state minimums (25k in ga, as low as 10k in some states) so basically 3 days in hospital and pray you dont need surgery.

Once their limits exhaust your only option is to go after them directly (which they probably have nothing to go after) or pay it yourself if you dont have uim.

An accident sucks bad enough but then to have a ton of debt afterwards for something you didnt cause....

If you have any insurance questions I'll answer them the best I can.

Could you explain that? Also, I'm relocating to Florida this winter, any recommendations specific for there?

Could you explain that? Also, I'm relocating to Florida this winter, any recommendations specific for there?

In ga they have 2 versions of um/uim coverage. Add on and reduced. Reduced pays your um limits minus the other persons limits. (They have 25k bodily injury you have 50k um your insurance would pay 25k. 50000um-25000 their insurance). So if you carry 25k um reduced and they have state min 25k your insurance pays 0.

Add on will pay whatever your um limits are regardless of their limits. Add on is more expensive.

Fl is a hot mess. Alot of people with no insurance and a ton of fly by night insurance companies. Oh and a ton of shady lawyers.

You have to purchase personal injury protection insurance in Florida(pip for short) which will pay your medical Bill's in an accident(minus deductible and 20%). Definitely carry good um/uim and if you haven't heard of an insurance company avoid them.

No PIP in Florida for motorcycles ,now you can buy an expensive plan if you want but it is not required by the State also your auto PIP does not cover you for your motorcycle in Florida.
As said it is a hot(pardon the pun) mess down here.

No PIP in Florida for motorcycles ,now you can buy an expensive plan if you want but it is not required by the State also your auto PIP does not cover you for your motorcycle in Florida.
As said it is a hot(pardon the pun) mess down here.

Huh didnt even know that. (Shows how much I handle motorcycles in fl)

Back