Where to keep Registration and Insurance?

slydog75

.040 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket III Classic
Just picked up a 2007 R3.. doesn't seem to have an owner's manual that I can find anywhere and I have no idea where to keep my registration and insurance. The side covers don't pop off like I"m used to on the previous bikes I've owned (Honda Shadow 650 and 1100).

I keep all that in my wallet. Cops here in Oklahoma will shoot you in a heart beat if you dig around the bike. I get pulled over Both hands in air stay on bike and tell them everything is inside pocket in wallet near licence. Ain't been shot yet seems to work.

I too carry mine in my leo credential pouch and I also do not move until the officer says to. They got a hard enough time now days without me adding to it. It works I usually get the respect back.
@slydog75 , if your bike has the manual it will be under the seat right behind the battery. If you seat seems hard to unlatch (turn the key) take your right hand push down in the center seat section then turn the key.

Last edited:
Yes indeed. Have had some good conversations with the law after they realized i was not a threat. You go meshing around after you get red lighted they are not friendly. You sit on the bike hold your wallet in the air and they get the idea real quick your good.

I keep all that in my wallet. Cops here in Oklahoma will shoot you in a heart beat if you dig around the bike. I get pulled over Both hands in air stay on bike and tell them everything is inside pocket in wallet near licence. Ain't been shot yet seems to work.

Ehh.. I aint keeping that in my wallet, but I would not start digging around in the bike until I explained where my stuff is and the LEO acknowledged.

Yup Zip-Lock baggie in the tool kit. If no tool kit, duct tape the baggie to the bottom of the seat pan. I do that on other bikes.

25C56480-C5FB-40CF-AFC7-E22945DCC05B.jpeg

I put my papers along with my phone and wallet in that little bag you see on the passenger pillion. My pistol is usually very clearly visible on my right hip. I don’t reach for it if talking to LEO. :laugh:

Back