Installing lower wind deflectors

tazoom

.040 Over
Just bought and installed the lower wind deflectors. Didn't have help installing them - solo effort. What a pain!! Trying to hold the springy clamps on the bolt and get the nut started was about impossible!! Had to remove the 6 pound glob of locktite that came factory applied on the bolts just to get them through the holes in the screen!! Would like to ride with and without at times. Am not looking forward to removing and remounting these. Any words of wisdom that make them easier to mount solo????

:D

Excuse me for finding some humor in your frustration. I went through the same thing, all the while with unkind thoughts in my head about what could be done to the designer. I too thought of removing them but have not, just because they are a bit of a tricky install. One of the items on my "Things To Do" list though is to have some other type of deflectors made for the mounts that don't look so darn clunky. The Triumph wind deflectors are somewhat in the same style category as Buddy Holly's funky glasses.

I saw a set on a new Yamaha cruiser that looked much better.

Feel your pain!! Guarantee that if I went with a different lower would DEFINITELY NOT keep these mounts!! Have seen some seriously poor engineering in my time, these are right up there with the worst!! Would have to have torture in mind to design mounts like these!!

tazoom said:
That's not good!! How does that happen??

It will only happen if they are installed to far back….To check, move your bars from lock to lock. If the deflector hits the radiator, just slacken off the nuts and adjust forwards a bit….

Back