Injectors, clean or replace

Yo'see. Bad pump, pick up or cracked fuel line. Could still be a fuel goo/crap embolus anywhere.

Be careful reinserting it and go soft on the bolts that hold the fuel pick up assembly to the bottom of the tank. There are several folk who have sheared some of those very fragile bolts right off.
Good call! those studs don't look like they could deal with the old rattle gun treatment.

6 lbf/in^2 - is that blinded before the regulator?
Not experienced with Rockets, but with a Harley V-rod or BMWK1300 / R1100, if you only have 6 psi blinded, it's not going to run. On the Harley/BMW you would need 25-30+ and hold it after the fuel pump shuts off.

Maybe someone with Rocket experience will chime in. While you are waiting - hunt down any post by user IDK and download a manual from the link in his signature
Ya the 05 r3 I'm working on is looking for 40-45 psi, pump makes that but the regulator was dumping it back into the tank giving me maybe 6psi at the rail.

Anybody else have a rail pressure ??? I was under the assumption that the rail ran at 40 psi ???? Calling Warp 911

I don't know how to answer that question. I see no reason for that design feature but I'm sure someone in the know will chime about that. I just can't see all three injectors becoming clogged at the same time. If it has pressure while on start up sequence if should start.
So I pulled the injectors actually not that big of a deal, once all the air plenums are out, getting to the rail was not a big deal, the toughest part is the farthest rear screw requires a right angle driver and that the stupid Allen bolts that hold one of the plenums are non ferrous so the magnetic tip won't help you to not drop them down behind the oil tank.
all the injectors looked like they where sitting in varnish (only part of the problem) A word to the wise if you plan or don't plan on leaving your bike sitting for a year run it dry or put stabilizer or racing fuel ( i prefer avgas if you can get it) so it doesn't ruin your fuel system.

So what was wrong with the regulator. You know, they do vent the excess pressure through a hole, which while inside the tank is no problem, but on your bench.....
So I pulled the injectors and had them cleaned, ordered a new regulator do to the fact that at 6 psi it was dumping presure back into the tank.
That gave me a chac=nce to clean the tank out.
I should have the new regulator in a couple of days, I will keep you posted on the outcome.
I do have a question regarding the fuel injection map, is it self learning?

Update, new regulator, fuel pump and cleaned injectors. She lives, but it sounds like the front cylinder is spitting pressure back
Need a little help, As I feared after pulling the injectors and having them cleaned the #1 now spits back past the injector looks like new o-rings.
Does anyone know what size they are?
I will start searching threads in the meantime.
Btw I dont think corona can infect you if you are crusing at 60mph+

Need a little help, As I feared after pulling the injectors and having them cleaned the #1 now spits back past the injector looks like new o-rings.
Does anyone know what size they are?
I will start searching threads in the meantime.
Btw I dont think corona can infect you if you are crusing at 60mph+
Kevin Frazier had several good posts on cleaning and testing of injectors, and the company who did his work. I used same co. later, and think it was around $90.00. I didn't like their o-rings though, and purchased set from Triumph dealer here.

Kevin Frazier had several good posts on cleaning and testing of injectors, and the company who did his work. I used same co. later, and think it was around $90.00. I didn't like their o-rings though, and purchased set from Triumph dealer here.
Glad to know, oem just seems to always be the ticket, can you send me info on o rings u ordered I’m getting some just in case. Thanks

Back