Initial Ride Feedback

Seems fairly quick, I'd guess right around 150 at the wheel. Certainly sounds like a rocket 3 still :). I hear more overlap I think from the cams than the old model.

You can clearly see the riders not accustomed to the agility and gets surprised by it, exactly as predicted based on the geometry.

134 kph is top of 2nd gear. Confirms my prediction that gearing is shorter overall than the 5 speed. Triumphs own PR disclosure said 6th at 80MPH is right around 3000 RPM. This means 6 gears covering the same span or very similar that we have with 5. Kind of missed the whole point of a 6 speed transmission paired to a high torque engine.

What it does mean.... A 150whp gen 2 is going to absolutely slaughter a 160whp 1st gen, sry guys. Less weight, broader power band, shorter gears, quickshifter, it's no contest and I expect it's going to murder the Diavel as well. So much for the "clone" more like the real deal.

Seems fairly quick, I'd guess right around 150 at the wheel. Certainly sounds like a rocket 3 still :). I hear more overlap I think from the cams than the old model.

You can clearly see the riders not accustomed to the agility and gets surprised by it, exactly as predicted based on the geometry.

134 kph is top of 2nd gear. Confirms my prediction that gearing is shorter overall than the 5 speed. Triumphs own PR disclosure said 6th at 80MPH is right around 3000 RPM. This means 6 gears covering the same span or very similar that we have with 5. Kind of missed the whole point of a 6 speed transmission paired to a high torque engine.

What it does mean.... A 150whp gen 2 is going to absolutely slaughter a 160whp 1st gen, sry guys. Less weight, broader power band, shorter gears, quickshifter, it's no contest and I expect it's going to murder the Diavel as well. So much for the "clone" more like the real deal.

Some more tech details R3/3GT:

2458cc
bore x stroke 110,2 x 85,9 (.)
compressionrate 10,8 :1
123Kw(167 HP) 6000rpm
torque 221nm 4000rpm
weight 3R 291kg 'dry' ,3GT 294kg
ride by wire system
hydraulic clutch
tyres Avon cobra chrome150/80R17 240/50R16
corner ABS,variable connecting front-backbraking
height seat 3R 773mm, 750mm 3GT
capacity fueltank 18 litres (4,75 gallon)
quickshifter etc. available
speed, more than 142 mph (testfigures )

Last edited:
I just noticed -- is the fuel tank capacity correct ? My Rocket has six and change gallons, and I find that small.

The new one is under five ??? Go around the block and and not far from the pump.

I just noticed -- is the fuel tank capacity correct ? My Rocket has six and change gallons, and I find that small.

The new one is under five ??? Go around the block and and not far from the pump.

Yep,and don't hit the throttle too long...However, even doing so, 150miles range should be possible.

Is that UK or US gallons. 5 UK gallon= 6.25 US gallons

Back