Initial Ride Feedback

At what RPM does the Ducati reach 200 HP ? Remember we have to make ours under 7000 rpm. If the Rocket could spin to 9 or 10 thousand RPM it is conceivable we could see 250 to 300 HP and meet Euro 5.

BTW: Why do countries not in Europe have to deal with Euro 5 at all ? Why can't Triumph have a "Rest Of World" tune like Porsche does ?

At what RPM does the Ducati reach 200 HP ? Remember we have to make ours under 7000 rpm. If the Rocket could spin to 9 or 10 thousand RPM it is conceivable we could see 250 to 300 HP and meet Euro 5.

BTW: Why do countries not in Europe have to deal with Euro 5 at all ? Why can't Triumph have a "Rest Of World" tune like Porsche does ?

We have to deal with emission too ! :p:
Euro 5 or Euro5 (European directive 99/96 / EC) is the emission standard for vehicles that came into force in the European Union in October 2009,
Euro 6 or Euro6 is the emission standard for vehicles that came into force in the European Union for new passenger cars on 31 December 2013. [1] The American EPA 13 standard, comparable to Euro 6, has already been introduced in five(?) American states.
For bikes Euro 4 : new motorcycles have to comply with the strict emission requirements of euro 4 and from 1 jan.2017 applies to all newly approved engines.So full work was done for the manufacturers. So Hinckley had to develop a new type of Rlllengine which had to meet the emission requirements of 4 EU. And this development took some time.:sleep:

Last edited:
I work, live and buy in TN USA I should not be hamstrung by any European garbage.:mad: Is this like the new world government?

Problem is, even in a hick backwoods place where I live, those government "regulators" are fresh out of uni and filled with idealistic visions of "world's best practice." Makes 'em feel good. Boosts their egos.

So the crystal-clear sky here must still be "protected" in the same way as smog-filled Euro (and other) cities.

So here too we get Euro 5.

To get back more towards topic.... I feel bemused (is that the word?) by the remarks that those very fast 0-100 times and 138 mph/220 km/h are a "let-down."

For cryin' out loud... what d'ya want???

Back