Welcome to the site Mate. Form another Aussie
So many don't come through what you have conquered....
Congrats

Hey there! Former M109r and C109r owner here. Pretty nice numbers you got from your M109. Doesn't seem like there is nearly the aftermarket support for power upgrades the R3 that there is for the M109r. Honestly I think you'll be fine with the bike as it is, unless you've really got the power bug. And if that's the case, seems like Carpenter is the way to go. Why screw around?

One thing I miss about the M109r is the lower center of gravity. This bike feels much heavier especially at very low speeds. Gotta '13 in matte black myself, luv the stripes. Welcome to the club!

Name is Kenny. Never owned a Triumph before. I currently on a 2013 streetglide. Very sweet ride. After a VTX 1800, and 2 m109r's. One built to 146hp 125 tq Im feeling the need for some torque again. And Im gonna go Big!!! In dec 2011 found out I had Lung Cancer. What a Fight. I do believe because of my Faith in God I am cancer free today. In Nov of 12 I thought I wanted to slow down. I traded my 109 for the streetglide. Well Im getting tired of penning the throttle all the way back just to get on the interstate safely. The HD is for sale and Im pretty sure will be sold by this week. Soon I will have the 2014 Roadster, Flat Black with the white stripes. Im counting on yall to educate me as to what pipes, air kits and so on for the most power possible until I can go to new Jersey to see Mr Bob Carpenter!!!
Kenny Boudreaux

Hey Kenny! We should start a subset of R3 owners who are cancer survivors. All three of us in cabin 7 at RAA this weekend have gone under treatment. I can identify with you as mine was throat cancer. I was in treatment from June thru August 2011 too. Yes! Go ahead and live while you can. I have two R3's. One has some Neville Lush augmentations and is having a supercharger added. You might research the resent thread on Carpenter work if you are looking for more torque. http://www.r3owners.net/threads/carpenterized-touring.16959/page-3#post-218276
Like Warp infers, ride the R3 and get the new worn off before changing anything.

Last edited:
Welcome to the site. Steele was telling me about you while we were sitting on my back porch. Hope to meet you soon. I think we are all planning a ride (Maybe LA 1?) soon. Enjoy the beast.

I had a VTX 1800 before the Rocket also. Power builds on the VTX and it pulls really strong. Power doesn't build on the Rocket, it is already there, all of the time. You will enjoy the new level of power.

Gday bordeaux, havent been on much so apologies for late gday and not answering your question yet.

Always awesome to hear of someone that gets back up after being knocked around. Having JC on your side is always a good help.

Sounds as though you've had a few fresh starts, going sober, beating cancer, believing in god and selling your harley! Mate there is four of the best life changes you can go through! (ok the last was a joke) In all seriousness mate Ive had a couple of mates on 109's and they all jump on mine any chance they get. dont know about the m but the roadster definitely corners much easier than the c109rt.

Anyway mate, cant wait to hear you raving about how many smiles you get out of your new beast. I will get around to answering your question too.

Back