I'm going to get some stick

A little update I replaced the clutch switch that combined with with a new sender unit and still no joy, covered a few hundred miles and still no reset.... occasionally the needle will twitch when I turn the ignition on but sits on empty, now and then when I turn the ignition off the gauge will jump to half or 3 /4 full and Stay there and when I turn the ignition back on it drops back to empty, does anyone know the procedure to bench test the gauge once I remove it as I'm not sure of the voltage to try on it as I know it's only using a few volts to trigger it...ive checked the voltage on tune ecu it varies on amount and the low fuel light is doing its job, I'm at a loss as all was fine till I decided I wanted a correct reading so I binned the old sender I was shocked to see how cheap looking that new part is looks like its for a Raleigh wisp

See if you can start the bike without pulling in the clutch lever.

IF so you may have accidentally squeezed the connections together (beneath the boot) on the new switch, which is not hard to do.

See if you can start the bike without pulling in the clutch lever.

IF so you may have accidentally squeezed the connections together (beneath the boot) on the new switch, which is not hard to do.
Tried that and it doesn't start cheers even tried a few wheelies but that's what's probably upset it 😗

Back