Idle is over 2700 rpm Help

let me try this one more time
edit 5/15/20 the info below is wrong
this is only a check is there a small gap between the stepper motor and the roller on the throttle where it connects
with eng off ign off ??

Last edited:
I checked "my" gap a few days ago. Engine off, ignition off, there was no gap. Using "adjust ISCV" in TuneECU (with ignition on), the primary throttle is fully closed by the stepper motor. Then there is the gap of 0.5mm.

i am done for this thread
warp
i have fixed a few of these that people have turned the stop screw but on this rocket with the stop screw and the three throttles being messed with i wish u luck and if anyone can do it i think u can :thumbsup:

let me try this one more time
this is only a check is there a small gap between the stepper motor and the roller on the throttle where it connects
with eng off ign off ??
I think I'm starting to see where you might be going with this. Alow me to step aside and pay attention. I sent him a picture last night so he could return the stop screw back real close to what it was. I could be chasing you around the tree from the opposite direction :)

I think I'm starting to see where you might be going with this. Alow me to step aside and pay attention. I sent him a picture last night so he could return the stop screw back real close to what it was. I could be chasing you around the tree from the opposite direction :)

A picture is a great idea (worth a thousand words) i think u r on the right track. if he can set the stop set correct and get his space close on the stepper motor then set his tps correct then maybe he can do a throttle balance.
if he can get it back to the original settings and go from there.
i think if i have any more ideas i will just pm them to u and u can do with them as u like.
ps u r doing a great job :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I checked "my" gap a few days ago. Engine off, ignition off, there was no gap. Using "adjust ISCV" in TuneECU (with ignition on), the primary throttle is fully closed by the stepper motor. Then there is the gap of 0.5mm.

i finally got some time to play with the old girl
and u sir are correct.
i was wrong

being that i was wrong and the gap is zero then i think that if u have a gap that means that the throttle shaft/plates r stucking open.
now one of the stops(should never be adjusted) is for the throttle cable/cam stop (above the throttle shaft/plates )
this is just my opinion
while playing with the old girl i had my com padre hold the throttle closed fairly firm and i pushed the throttle shaft arm open the short way it goes and the motor revved to 5500 rpm. this means that if the throttles stick u can turn the throttle as hard as u want (off) and the idle can be as high as 5500 rpm.
now we hear a lot of riders say that the idle sticks between 2200 and 2700 and i believe that most of the time it is because one or more of the plates/shaft is sticking. over the years mine has stuck several times (u let off the gas and the motor is going 2500) all i have ever done is spray the throttle return springs/shaft and some in the stepper motor under the rubber boot and it works great. the other thing if the primary tps goes belly up it can hold the throttle open or maybe give wrong signal to ecu and cause high idle.
i will try to find the post where i made errow and correct
gone for the week end

Back