Idle is over 2700 rpm Help

BDClone

.040 Over
Ride
2018 Rocket III Roadster
I had adjusted my throttle bodies and figured I would also do the ISCV adjustment in TuneECU. The Primary TPS is set to .60 volts the ISCV reads .63 volts. Adjusting the nut doesn't change anything. I have been trying to figure this out. I have the manual and have been going through all the posts to try to figure this out. I even watched R III R Turbo's vid on doing this adjustment.
I went out today and started trying to go through it again. Now my idle is up over 2700 rpm. What if I set my primary TPS to .12 under my ISCV reading? Any other ideas?

20200411_153220.jpg
Screenshot_20200411-142105_TuneECU.jpg
Screenshot_20200411-192539_TuneECU.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Try this document:
TPS and ISC stepper adjustment it may say .75 for a Sprint - use .72V for Rocket
Note Page 2 says TPS is to the left for a Sprint- Primary TPS for Rocket is on the right.

You must do the ISCV reset manually once you get it near .72V and then the 12 minute tune.

Was the idle & stepper motor working properly before??

Last edited:
Yes everything was working properly before I did the throttle body adjustment and started tinkering. I have been trying to do the ISCV adjustment. Seems like the more I do the farther things get out of whack.

Don't suppose you've dropped something - a screw or nut? - into the throttle linkages??? Seen it happen..............

All the linkage freely moving? Nice and oiled up?

Was there an issue before that prompted you to adjust the TBs?

It would surge under idle. When checked in TuneECU they were all 3 different. I have had the bike a year (brand new bike) and never touched any of this till now. I did mess with the throttle plate bolt ( I think that's what it called) could i have gotten that out of wack?
Steel I could give you my address and you could ride up tomorrow... lol No need for that but would love to see your bike sometime

2018 so TPS's & Stepper motor should be fine. TPS is at .6 so OK there.
See page 1 in my link about the 5mm gap in the stepper arm and roller. Do the check after double clicking ISCV and get that nut back where it was so the gap is correct if its off.

Did you adjust the Secondary TPS at all?

Other things:
Is everything clean and oiled in the throttle cable and spring area? WD40 is your friend.
Side story, probably not relevant to your situation but I once had a june bug get lodged up in those works and idle went to over 2K. Thought I lost my TPS...

I actually had a defective stepper motor and disconnected it 2 years ago and now I set my idle manually but there should be a write up about getting some lubricant under the rubber seal so the plunger works properly. 2018 shouldn't need it and it was working before you fixed it but it can't hurt.

Back