Weird surge as idle down to a stop, where to start looking

mstraub72

.040 Over
Ride
2015 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster ABS, Black & Red
Morning all, looking for a little input on where to start troubleshooting a weird sensation that showed up after seasonal storage last year. 2015 R3R Roadster ABS

Did all the typical storage steps, fuel stabilizer in the full tank, ran it for a bit to coat the fuel system, fresh oil, etc. Noticed that when I'd be gearing down through the gears to stop at a red light, using engine braking to decel, the bike would add just a tiny bit of throttle and you'd physically feel it accelerate (or bare minimum, not decel as hard...) just a little bit, right when you'd normally be pulling in the clutch to stop. It gives you this little blip that can throw your balance off a bit.

Not a major problem, as I'd just clutch it a little farther back than normal and let the idle blip up a hundred or so RPM then drop down to a normal idle. Rode it like that all summer, hoping it'd just sort itself out, and it did feel like it got slightly better, but there's still a little surge. Have an 8000km 2 week rip into the States planned this summer, and want to figure this out before we go.

Tools to troubleshoot: I have the ECU cable and TuneECU (tried a map the first year I had it, put the default one back on pretty much right away and have no major mods besides the airbox delete.) Any ideas where one should start looking, or does this feel so software related it'd best be into the dealership?

Thanks all, MS

1st
Lube/clean the throttle linkage at front and at the springs in the middle.
Do wot and then release throttle let throttle snap back closed a couple times.

Thanks gents! I'll start with the free steps then move to the spendy ones.

Also, Turbo, massive fan of your YouTube vids with the insane custom 2500 and 6sp transmission. Slightly envious of your talents! Hope the beast is treating you mint.

Thanks gents! I'll start with the free steps then move to the spendy ones. Also, Turbo, massive fan of your YouTube vids with the insane custom 2500 and 6sp transmission. Slightly envious of your talents! Hope the beast is treating you mint.
There are several turbo's on here i am not the one with the 2500 but i also
admire him

Back