Gothlander

321 GONE
TuneBoy rules, I just adjusted the primary TPS, idle stepper motor and throttle bodies. Now it runs like a dream and I dont have to feather the clutch around corners anymore. A quick visual to check the stepper motor is look and see if the stepper is turning the cam to push the throttles open. When its cold it should move about 8mm to raise the idle if it doesn't you probably have low idle problems and too much you will have high idle problems. TuneBoy (Dash mode) tells you how to do it, the insructions scroll along the bottom of the page. I am wondering if the TPS beds in over time and just needs adjustment now and again.

In TuneBoy (not TuneEdit) select tests and you will see three sets of numbers on the main screen, with the engine running they will change up and down with the throttle been opened or closed. At idle they should be the same value, you can adjust each throat by turning the adjuster screw between each throat from under the tank. The screws are on the main butterfly shaft, I read somewhere you should adjust one and three to match number two but I adjusted two and three to suit number one.

Back