+Idiot lights not working

numbnuts57

.020 Over
Has anyone had a problem with the idiot lights in the rev counter not working on a 2007 Classic.
They flash once when the kill switch is turned on but they will not work any other time.
The ilumination lights are ok and the speedo lights are ok.
The bike has been partially stripped down for repair and painting but the tacho has only been unplugged then then remounted.

Also,Does anyone know where these two wires go. Black /yellow and Green/yellow.
I had everything else marked up but these two were not. I cannot remember if they were connected or not.(Bike has been stripped for over 2 years)
The ends are clean cut so I am wondering if they were spare as I would not just cut and leave.
They come out of the same connector block under the tank as the right handlebar controls.

Any ideas people?

20200423_191003.jpg

Any ideas people?
20200423_191003.jpg

What are the colours of the other wires in that RH controls connector?

I don't mean to alarm you, but somebody has been messing with your wiring...

k so who left those open end wires lying around possibly waiting to short out off the chassis?

1) The Tacho is almost certainly a shyte connection. It is really easy to get LEDś to come on or not come on because there is a false earth somewhere. usually this detective work requires time and a good multimeter. If something was disconnected - inspect that set of connectors really well.

2) The wires - from the look of that plug there are far fewer wires on one side than the other. seem to be no mating wires for those spurious ones. Are the extra wires on the switchgear side or main loom side - I cannot remember which is the male plug.

k so who left those open end wires lying around possibly waiting to short out off the chassis?
They were coiled up and taped to connector,I undid it to try and see where they go but thinking back they must be just spare,
but why put them there in first place.
Why bridge two terminals then put nothing other end of block

Back