I think I am going to do it, reluctantly....

Holy **** man, 30 years without an off, that's a rare and serious accomplishment. I only hope to go so long without an off. Clearly your sense of "discretion is the better part of valor" wiring in your head works, shown both in your riding history and recent decision.

Enjoy your new mustang!

Speaking from personal experience here: No matter what you do to stay in shape, sometimes your body will fail you. It can happen to anyone, at any time, and any age, so get off your ****ing high horse!

after i broke my leg near ankle about 5 months before getting back on i lost a lot of leg muscle. what i finally did was to start doing tip toes increasing about 5 a day i am now up to 100 and have some serious calf muscles at 71 (and it really was not that hard) it is nice to be able to hold up the rocket.
my wife stopped riding with me and told me i was going to get killed. i just looked at her and asked if she was going to live forever.

I bought my 2008 R3T over two years ago to replace a Yamaha Venture that just got too heavy for me. What a great bike the Rocket is. Too bad I have not been able to ride it without some type of pain. I kept it in the hopes that one day I will be able to enjoy the bike like it should be enjoyed but doing the math it would be at least another year before I can even think about riding her. And that is only if the knee replacement surgery, set for next Feb is successful. Right now my balance is so off that I tend to stumble when I walk. Not a good or safe trait on a bike. I dont have the 14k needed to trike the bike either since I am trying to set myself up for retirement in 2 years. Right now I am not actively pushing the selling of the bike but if any member here has an interest I may consider it. I waver between keeping it and selling it and timing would be everything I guess. I'll take some pics soon and post.

Basically its a black and white 2008 Tourer with Tors, an upgraded tune, stock seat with a Utopia backrest and a Triumph road seat and backrest as well. I also have another separate windshield assembly that would go with the bike. Rivco risers, K&N filter and a tank bib round it out. Bike has 15k on it and is in almost mint condition. Like I said I am not really pushing it but if the right person comes along who will take care of her I may just let her go. I originally bought her from a member here. It would be nice to keep her in the family.
Some things are just inevitable, I know a couple of riders in similar circumstance and have turned to the dark side, no the real dark side and bought a Spyder...... the horror. :)

Some things are just inevitable, I know a couple of riders in similar circumstance and have turned to the dark side, no the real dark side and bought a Spyder...... the horror. :)
YEP some of the guys go to trikes SPYDERS, SLINGSHOTS and the T REX so they are fun also so just keep on rollin and having fun

Back