I think Corbin did it up right

I'm considering one of the Corbin seats. The website's configurator is a neat tool but there are so many options it's confusing. If anyone has upgraded their seat, I'd love to see some pictures.

I don't think Triumph will ever produce a full touring model of the new Rocket 3 without some very serious modification. If you look at the way the bike is constructed and in particular the aluminum sub frame at the back, this is never going to be suitable to take the weight of a two up fully loaded tourer. The existing panniers are rated at 5kg and the rear rack is rated at 3kg. I don't think the weight limit on the panniers is only due to the light construction of the bags or the strength of the zips, but is also the fact that the pannier mounts are just two 8mm bolts screwed vertically into the aluminum frame, this is a particularly weak type of fixing for weight bearing, Triumph have just launched some larger bags but still with the 5kg limit. The Corbin bag brackets use an extra 8mm fixing as well as the ones used by Triumph giving some extra strength. But interestingly Corbin do not give any weight loading information for their bags, I have contacted both Corbin USA and Corbin Europe to get weight loading information but so far no replies. Given the likely weight of the Corbin bags empty, I would be very wary of putting much weight in the bags at all. I really think Corbin should come clean on this! and state a weight limit

I am currently turning my Rocket into a Light Tourer using the Powerbronze screen and Hepco and Becker bags, I'm adding an extra fixing to the C-Bow bracket to increase the safe weight limit.
Be sure to to post pictures of the Hepco and Becker bags on your Rocket, I am leaning towards a set and really want to see the look! Just curious what style bag are you going with?

I'm considering one of the Corbin seats. The website's configurator is a neat tool but there are so many options it's confusing. If anyone has upgraded their seat, I'd love to see some pictures.
Here ya go, love the seat it's very well constructed!

Attachments

• 20200906_163315_HDR~2.jpg
    20200906_163315_HDR~2.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 20200823_195440~2.jpg
    20200823_195440~2.jpg
    598.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 20200906_163315_HDR.jpg
    20200906_163315_HDR.jpg
    617.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 20200823_195246.jpg
    20200823_195246.jpg
    637.8 KB · Views: 69
Well, I already have 2000 miles on my a bit more than a month old bike, trying to do longer rides, I am still riding only in Florida, getting to know my bike, but I should be riding the bike 850 miles one way trip to my cabin by the dragon in NC, very often now season started (maybe once a month once I drop all my woodworking stuff there with the truck so I don't have to haul those larger tools back and for)... Currently I ride with a full helmet, Shoei RF-1200, ear plugs, cardo helmet speakers, I am 6'1" and so far, I enjoy riding the bike like that, the windshield from the GT don't make buffeting for me.... but as growing goes... I have a long Wishlist in amazon... and some items can stay there for years till they can get serious consideration.... I don't like panniers in a bike (full dresser things), but who knows, maybe after doing those longer trips for a while, that corbin fairing will starting make sense if I get pain in the shoulders or stiff neck, that kind of thing usually helps with that. for now, and while I keep bugging mustang to make a seat for the rocket, I just got myself one of those motoskiveez boxers to see if it can help a bit after a day of riding, because where those boxers helps is the only place I am feeling a bit of pain, when riding long... but I think the culprit is also Florida, because is looooong roads with not even a curve, you dont move the butt.
and for my particular use, I just need to go from A to B, I have my apartment in Miami, the cabin in the dragon, so i dont really need to haul much in the bike. Once in the smokies, I can ride around and get back to the cabin at the end of the day, so, extra storage for me is enough whatever I can secure in top of the back seat.
Other options for wind protection other than the giant fairing. Better looking imo. Oem shield on hwy for long is murder.

Back