I rode a new Streetglide

My stepson on his 2015 streetglide and me on my 2012 BMW GTL hit the twisties a couple weeks ago, we started early and stayed late and the 150 mile ride home from the playground the streetglide was making a banging on the primary side it turned out to be the tranny was "completely destroyed" said the tech. less than a year old and 4500 miles!!

My stepson on his 2015 streetglide and me on my 2012 BMW GTL hit the twisties a couple weeks ago, we started early and stayed late and the 150 mile ride home from the playground the streetglide was making a banging on the primary side it turned out to be the tranny was "completely destroyed" said the tech. less than a year old and 4500 miles!!
Did the warranty helped? My ultra burned the clutch at 3000 and they said it was my fault because i dont know how to ride

Did the warranty helped? My ultra burned the clutch at 3000 and they said it was my fault because i dont know how to ride
You seem to ride ok when you aren't on the 4wheeler:whitstling:, but you need to work on the whole shutting off the blinker thing. :p

I would not have let them get away with that BS. Harley knows that there clutch Baskets from 2010 to last year were not heat treated correctly (CHINA WORKMANSHIP) causing a lot of problems with clutches. The splines on the basket literally break off. Symptoms are the same as a burnt clutch. Rivera Primo is a American made product that works really well and last. Just for future reference.

My kid was pretty angry with the whole BS dealership experience but when he bought the bike they sold him the extended warranty, service plan, tire replacement, etc. so they gave him the usual runaround but couldn't weasel out of the work and they had to pony up a loaner for the duration.

I am interested to see what fails next now that the tranny is replaced, the young man has a sportster that he breaks every few hundred miles. He really should have bought a honda

Back