I rode a new Streetglide

juice_man_86

.060 Over
Ride
2015 Rocket III Roadster
I have this friend I've been riding with for about 3 years now. He started riding the same bike I owned at the time. I had a 2013 Yamaha Stryker. I told him what I liked and disliked about the bike. He took my views into his decision and bought a used 2011 Stryker. He seemed to really enjoy it. But he looking at finding a decent full fairing and a set of hard bags. I suggested looking at a different style of bike. So he did. But he still didn't buy the right style. He bought a 2015 Suzuki M109R. I thought it was a fantastic bike. Great power. But after spending several thousand on pipes, junk hard bags, and a well made fairing, he still wasn't happy.
At this time, I bought my 2015 Rocket Roadster. I love it. Everything about it. We rode to the dealer I purchased it at to drop off some paperwork. They also happen to be a Harley Davidson dealer. He started checking out the bikes, including the Triumps. He told me he was thinking about the Streetglide. I see his point of view. It had everything he wanted. Hard bags, a well designed fairing, and the name. He drank the kool-aid and bought it. He's had it for a couple months now and I finally decided to take it for a ride. He keeps bragging about how it's the best handling bike he ever had. And how nice it is. Blah blah blah. So yesterday I asked him to switch bikes for the last 10 miles home.

Boy was I disappointed. It handles fine I guess. Just seems like I have to be really careful. When I start to lean it around a corner, it goes too quick and I have to bring it back some. And what moron designed the shocks. It has air shocks. It road rougher than my track pack springs and 19" low pro tires on my Mustang. The bike also felt awkwardly small, but I guess that's just because I ride a Rocket. My last complaint is just the shear lack of power anywhere in the power curve. I mean this is a $21,000 bike. My old Stryker was only a 1300 and msrp was below 13k and it rose WAY better and would have smoked it. I just don't understand how the masses let this stand.

When he got off my bike he was all smiles and ranting about the power. And wondering if my shocks would fit his bike. Talk about funny.

My only complaint on the Streetglide was the buffeting I get at 50 mph and above. I didn't think it was tough to handle in the curves, I actually liked how easy it is to toss back and forth. Being that it is Harley's number one seller, it has to appeal to many on different levels. Of course, most of them average less than a 100 miles a month so many they buy them for show...

I switched bikes with my neighbor a couple of weeks ago, he rides an Ultra Classic. I enjoyed riding it but I was really struck with how small and cramped it felt. And of course it's certainly lacked the power that I was used to. What I would really like is a rocket decked out with all the Harley gizmos, I still don't understand why Triumph has not done that yet.

A Rocket with a full fairing, and doo dads? Well that would put the price into the stratosphere now wouldn't it?

I switched bikes with my neighbor a couple of weeks ago, he rides an Ultra Classic. I enjoyed riding it but I was really struck with how small and cramped it felt. And of course it's certainly lacked the power that I was used to. What I would really like is a rocket decked out with all the Harley gizmos, I still don't understand why Triumph has not done that yet.

I hope he gave it back!!;):D

Well my 05 rocket has 102000 miles on it it's probably worth about $3,000, and his Ultra Classic is probably worth at least 15,000. So unfortunately he gave it back.

I still reckon your better off!!:thumbsup: When it finally wears out get a Touring and customise all the features you want.

To each their own I suppose. If I could only keep one of my bikes it would be my 2015 denim black Street Glide.

Back