I rode a new Streetglide

I still reckon your better off!!:thumbsup: When it finally wears out get a Touring and customise all the features you want.

No, because if he didn't give it back I could sell it for fifteen thousand and get that touring right away. But I wouldn't get the touring I would get the Roadster. Still, I am pretty happy with the worn out old b**** she's still going strong, but with all those miles I am concerned about reliability. So I don't take her very far from home anymore

My idea of a full dresser for a Rocket III Touring is not near the cost of an Ultra Classic Harley. My front fairing was done by a custom shop and cost around $1800.00 complete. The rear trunk fits two helmets with a rap around back support. I added LEDs for the front lighting. I had both rims chromed. Extra bling LEDs were added. I have TORS exaust with K N filtering. With all these additions my Rocket would cost below $21,500. This is a $10,000 bill LESS than a new Harley with the same bling. Big difference in performance and I think looks. Nothing Harley produces comes near my Rocket.

My 2015 Ultra is collecting cobwebs in the garage, dont remember when i started it last, i think it was about 3 years ago:D

As most of you know I have multiple bikes including an '09 Rocket 111 standard and a '13 Ultra Classic. Neither one is stock so it's hard to compare but there are some glaring differences. First a description of both...

2009 Rocket Standard: Custom House of Kolor oriental blue marble paint job, Triumph windshield with adopted (HD) windshield bagss, corbin dual tour seat with rider backrest, DeCosse keyless ignition with PDM60 power module, corbin beetle bags, MCCruise cruise control, Garmin Zumo 660 Nav (I swap this between all my bikes), K&N filters, PCV with AT, Ozclaw intake, and CES exhaust. I bought the bike used with 7,000 miles on it and I curently have about $14,000 in it including upgrades. HansO has put a ton of miles on this one when he was over here.

2013 Anniversary Edition Ultra Classic Limited: Stock paint (Ann Edition), custom true dual exhaust, PCV with AT, 255 cams, Road Zepelin seat with adjustable rider backrest, removable passenger arm rests (bought the thing before Nurse Ratchet had her own bike), J&M Corp blue tooth system, 14" mini ape bars, IPod upgrade for stereo, J&M Corp 6 speaker upgrade for stereo, most of the chrome has made a trip to the powder coater and is now gloss black (luggage rack, engine guards, forks, etc). Purchased brand new because the wife hated riding behind me on the Rocket (won't ever happen again) for ~ $30,000 and probably have well over $40,000 in it now.

The obvious difference is the power...Rocket wins every time, but when it comes to comfort the Rocket is no comparison to the Ultra. The difference in a Corvette and a Cadillac. Each has its own place, sp choosing one as "better" than the other is somewhat disingenuous as these two aren't even in the same class. If I am going somewhere I want power (Dragon, Colorado, etc) I ride the Rocket, but if I am going on a long road trip where I expect a lot of interstate miles the Ultra gets packed. I appreciate both for what they are.

Back