raymond braswell

Turbocharged
Pianoman and I have been dueling for quite sometime regarding the speed of his Red Rocket versus my obviously faster Black Rocket. I just received my Winter issue of Torque magazine and on page 5 it mentions Bob Walton, Jr. setting the record for the fastest production Triumph at 140.401 mph on the Bonneville Salt Flats. Call me crazy, but that bike looks BLACK to me. Sorry Pianoman, this debate is closed!

I believe in fine print, there was a statement that Bob Walton, Jr. was afraid to mount up on the Red model. He had heard rumors of the RED ROCKET ROAD RASH syndrom which is a result of the rider being taken by supprise with a quick twist of the throttle and finding themselves sliding down the road behind the massive Red Monster. I agree with Pianoman. Red is the quickest.

See ya.

Don't crow over it. Debasing the other guy's other standard color is passé. Paint it your own color. Until you do, custom green is victorious:) .

You guys with the Red Rockets have obviously never gone up against a Red Rocket with Gold flames. I know for a fact that the gold flames on mine are good for at least 10 more horsepower! :rolleyes: Bigern

I don't know about the 140.041 at Bonneville but on US 23 southbound between Milan, Mi., and Dundee, Mi., I buried my speedo. It said 155. Is it 15 mph off? I held it wide open for at least 2 miles with a little tailwind....call me nuts. Lets see, my T100, sans sidecar will run out at 115, same scenario. My favorite stretch. Flat, straight and smooth. No cops either.:D

My second favorite stretch is Devils Lake on the north side, frozen. My old T'Cat would top out at 151.

Well Flip if you would have turned it around and made a second run you could be holding the record right now.:D

Did anyone notice in the photo in Torque how that guy lowered the bars on his Rocket?

Hey Ridinsunshine, have not seen you on here for a while. Have given up on the 'color wars'. Coming to texas to ride this summer, maybe we can hook up. You ride up front, I'll be your wingman.

Right

Well Flip if you would have turned it around and made a second run you could be holding the record right now.:D

Did anyone notice in the photo in Torque how that guy lowered the bars on his Rocket?

Pig9r:

This year and for the rest of my riding time, I'm riding like an old codger. I'm done with the terminal speed and tire shredding. I'll not ride my MV like that.:D I didn't notice the bars. Have to look at that. I'd just put on drag bars or a length of EMT painted black to look like a competition part.:rolleyes:

Back