I kinda want this...

Jallen3.14

Turbocharged
Ride
05 Rocket III
Qnu9pCL.png

BMW r1200c Montana

I know what you mean. I was Jonesing for a white one for a few years too. Test rode several and did some research. Sadly it is a bad design even though it is a beauty. Many BMW mechanics refuse to work on it. It is poorly designed and underbilt. Low power poor reliability. Bad frames. Great museum piece.

I know what you mean. I was Jonesing for a white one for a few years too. Test rode several and did some research. Sadly it is a bad design even though it is a beauty. Many BMW mechanics refuse to work on it. It is poorly designed and underbilt. Low power poor reliability. Bad frames. Great museum piece.

so just another typical bmw, your saying?

A friend of mine owned one. He rides a LOT. He had a lot of problems with his. The final drive went out on a road trip, and it was BMW money to replace. Had transmission and electrical issues as well. He loved riding it, but it was not a reliable bike.

I saw the R1200c at the Javits center in NYC when it first came out in the late 90's and was seduced by its oddity.

On BMW reliability:
I had a 2006 K1200R naked.
Fast as hell, handled like a dream, got 45 mpg.
I put 10K on it the first year.
Then the transmission stopped shifting during a ride. Couldn't get it out of 2nd.

Cross Country BMW in Middlesex NJ fixed it under warranty.
A few month later it started again.
I paid 12.9K new, sold it to Cross Country for 7.4K, without buying another bike from them.
Very expensive year of riding.

Got the Rock a few months later.
Compared to the BMW the rocket feels and handles like a Mack truck.

Back