I kinda want this...

Idaho Red Rocket 3

Living Legend
Ride
2006 R3 Standard Bagger w/Fairing
I know what you mean. I was Jonesing for a white one for a few years too. Test rode several and did some research. Sadly it is a bad design even though it is a beauty. Many BMW mechanics refuse to work on it. It is poorly designed and underbilt. Low power poor reliability. Bad frames. Great museum piece.

Jag

Living Legend
Ride
2013 R3T
I know what you mean. I was Jonesing for a white one for a few years too. Test rode several and did some research. Sadly it is a bad design even though it is a beauty. Many BMW mechanics refuse to work on it. It is poorly designed and underbilt. Low power poor reliability. Bad frames. Great museum piece.
so just another typical bmw, your saying?

caddydaddy

.060 Over
Ride
2017 Roadster in Matte Black
A friend of mine owned one. He rides a LOT. He had a lot of problems with his. The final drive went out on a road trip, and it was BMW money to replace. Had transmission and electrical issues as well. He loved riding it, but it was not a reliable bike.

JRock

Turbocharged
Ride
2008 Rocket III Standard
I saw the R1200c at the Javits center in NYC when it first came out in the late 90's and was seduced by its oddity.

On BMW reliability:
I had a 2006 K1200R naked.
Fast as hell, handled like a dream, got 45 mpg.
I put 10K on it the first year.
Then the transmission stopped shifting during a ride. Couldn't get it out of 2nd.

Cross Country BMW in Middlesex NJ fixed it under warranty.
A few month later it started again.
I paid 12.9K new, sold it to Cross Country for 7.4K, without buying another bike from them.
Very expensive year of riding.

Got the Rock a few months later.
Compared to the BMW the rocket feels and handles like a Mack truck.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
1olbull Kinda Liked This - Am I Sick? BearClaw Corner 24
P newbie has another kinda seat question Accessories 22