I dont understand - TTS supercharger Rocket 3R vs Hayabusa TTS supercharger

I love the talk about chasing HP, but have to ask how much time is spent above 150 mph? My new sdr with full race exhaust and map goes...really goes. I was out with some buddies and my bike was still pulling hard at 175 mph! I love going fast on country farm roads, congested city hwy's also, but 175 has things happening really fast and I don't track so it really doesn't offend me if the v4 streetfighter or h2 make more power. The R3 has always been an awesome engine for the street. so what if there's cheaper ways to go faster?

Same discussion, off on another tangent. More than one tangent, in fact.

The OP did not complain about Rockets, per se. He highlighted the exuberant cost of supercharging a Rocket 3 versus supercharging a Busa Gen-2/3, and the disappointing perceived return in the case of the former. Here in SA, I would almost be able to buy a clean preowned Busa Gen-3 AND a TTS blower kit, for the price of the same kit for a Rocket 3. Each to their own, of course, as long as we appreciate that a TTS Busa will do to a TTS Rocket 3 what a normally aspirated Diavel 1260 does to a normally aspirated Rocket 3.

Oh, and that blown Busa will whip the 4ss of any Z-H2 as well, off the line and top speed.
I happen to own both bikes. A 2019 Ducati X Diavel and a 2021 R3 GT. I love them both but there is something about the solid and planted nature of the R3 that has me riding it more often. The Ducati has the handling for sure but en balance...The R3 is the love of my life! The Ducati IS faster but the difference is only for drag strips....not the real world.

I happen to own both bikes. A 2019 Ducati X Diavel and a 2021 R3 GT. I love them both but there is something about the solid and planted nature of the R3 that has me riding it more often. The Ducati has the handling for sure but en balance...The R3 is the love of my life! The Ducati IS faster but the difference is only for drag strips....not the real world.
So do I: a 2016 XDiavel S and 2020 R3 R, as well as a 2014 Vmax. The three bruisers (-: The XDiavel is like a pitbull on a coiled leash - it kicks 4ss, anything, every time. Its highly strung manner makes it the preferred choice for a spirited Sunday morning breakfast run (even when surrounded by sports bikes) rather than a more relaxed Sunday afternoon ride out. The Vmax remains my all-out favourite, though, and I cannot really put my finger on why. It only has five gears but, therefore, also has longer legs. And it sounds sooo good on the trot - sharing the 65-degree V4 configuration and firing order (1-3-2-4) with the Aprilia RSV4/Tuono. The Vmax pips the Rocket as well, by the way.

I run a K&N® air filter, Akrapovič® x-pipe (between the headers and exhaust cans), Gurued Gear® ECU and Bazzaz® fueler + quick-shifter on the Vmax. I still use the standard exhaust cans. And I installed the 8" OEM rear rim, so it wears a 240 rear tacky like the other two. Brutus.

BMC® air filter, Arrow® slip-on, RapidBike® Race fueler and TransLogic® quick-shifter on the XDiavel. Pazzo. I run RapidBike® Race fuelers on my Panigale and Monster as well, so too on my KTMs (RC8-R and Adventure S). Plug-and-Play and forget them - they do their magic even with narrow-band oxygen sensors.

Standard OEM air filter, CW slip-on, Penner's map (tweaked a bit) and OEM quick-shifter on the R3R. I seriously contemplated adding the TTS supercharger, but it simply does not offer enough bang for the (sheer amount of) buck(s). I have actually grown quite content with the Rocket as I have it now, truth be told, and with the tweaked map, it will break the rear wheel loose in 3rd. Good exhaust colour too. The Hulk.

IMG_2132.jpg

IMG_2544.jpg

Keepers, all three of them.

So do I: a 2016 XDiavel S and 2020 R3 R, as well as a 2014 Vmax. The three bruisers (-: The XDiavel is like a pitbull on a coiled leash - it kicks 4ss, anything, every time. Its highly strung manner makes it the preferred choice for a spirited Sunday morning breakfast run (even when surrounded by sports bikes) rather than a more relaxed Sunday afternoon ride out. The Vmax remains my all-out favourite, though, and I cannot really put my finger on why. It only has five gears but, therefore, also has longer legs. And it sounds sooo good on the trot - sharing the 65-degree V4 configuration and firing order (1-3-2-4) with the Aprilia RSV4/Tuono. The Vmax pips the Rocket as well, by the way.

I run a K&N® air filter, Akrapovič® x-pipe (between the headers and exhaust cans), Gurued Gear® ECU and Bazzaz® fueler + quick-shifter on the Vmax. I still use the standard exhaust cans. And I installed the 8" OEM rear rim, so it wears a 240 rear tacky like the other two. Brutus.

BMC® air filter, Arrow® slip-on, RapidBike® Race fueler and TransLogic® quick-shifter on the XDiavel. Pazzo. I run RapidBike® Race fuelers on my Panigale and Monster as well, so too on my KTMs (RC8-R and Adventure S). Plug-and-Play and forget them - they do their magic even with narrow-band oxygen sensors.

Standard OEM air filter, CW slip-on, Penner's map (tweaked a bit) and OEM quick-shifter on the R3R. I seriously contemplated adding the TTS supercharger, but it simply does not offer enough bang for the (sheer amount of) buck(s). I have actually grown quite content with the Rocket as I have it now, truth be told, and with the tweaked map, it will break the rear wheel loose in 3rd. Good exhaust colour too. The Hulk.

IMG_2132.jpg

IMG_2544.jpg

Keepers, all three of them.
The rocket is just awesome for its weight and size goes like f##k when you want thanks mr penner

Back