I would still investigate doing the Eastern Beaver Wiring/Relay upgrade. as your headlight power is more than likely to be going through your ignition switch if the mod has not been done already.
http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Bike_Specific/Triumph/triumph.html

I don't know if the problem affects my new 2013 Touring model or not, but I'm in the process of making a fuse box / fuse tap bypass that I found here on the forum. It looks pretty easy to do for getting a rocket back on the road and small enough to carry. I checked out the wiring diagram for my bike and it looks like you simply tap into the 12 volt power fuse (2) and bring them to two other circuit fuses (5 & 9) and you've got enough to get it running and home. Tie it into a 30 amp toggle switch and you can turn the ignition circuit on and off. Correct fuse size and proper wire gage are the only two factors I can see.

Last edited:
Welcome from Germany!
Glad you were able the find the quick fix and get her back on the road. The eastern beaver or something similar is your best long term solution! You may want to look into the update kit from triumph too since you have the 08. The are the two most common needs for the models up through 08

Back