HOW TO RIDE THE DRAGON

The law in ACT re swords is not as draconian as Victoria where they are banned. Can still get charged with "Carry a knife in public without valid purpose" though :( including Swiss army style slip joints. But really at my age you would have to be on the town at night or being a f--kwit in public or committing another crime to be effected. They use it especially for young dickh--ds being a pain in the arse in public to back up other charges. Cannot carry even a Buck 110 lock folder on a belt anymore though :banghead::mad:
Freedom is a terrible thing to lose. I fear that we are headed down the same dark alley.

I once went to race car school for thee days. We had two hours of class and six hours on the track every day. The most important thing in racing we were told by each individual instructor was
where you looked. You must look ahead much farther than you would imagine. When I was driving the instructor who rode with me about 4 hours a day would always yell "eyes eyes" if I wasn't looking
far enough forwards. You go where you look.

Advanced and sponsored beginner's riders courses stress the same thing. You go where you look. I predicted a crash and it happened on the Robbinsville side of the Cherohala where it gets right towards the end. Lady focused on the road because the curves got tight, didnt look into and around the curve and did a high side into the ditch and dumped an expensive Harley. She didn't break anything on her person fortunately.

Advanced and sponsored beginner's riders courses stress the same thing. You go where you look. I predicted a crash and it happened on the Robbinsville side of the Cherohala where it gets right towards the end. Lady focused on the road because the curves got tight, didnt look into and around the curve and did a high side into the ditch and dumped an expensive Harley. She didn't break anything on her person fortunately.

Unless your riding a sidecar! Then it is look, steer, Oh Bugger! and start flying the chair as the oncoming vehicle's driver and your 'ballast' go white as mass myocardial infarction ensues. Followed by rider giving a passing wave and telling white knuckled 'ballast' "Nah! nuthin' to worry about, that's how you get around off camber corners!:D

Back