How Satisfied are you with your New 2020 Bike

How satisfied are you with your new 2020 model?

• Completely

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • Mostly

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • It’s ok

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not al all

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
Horsepower is deceiving. My 1981 Yamaha 1100 special ran the quarter mile in 11.73 with 95 HP and 66 pounds of torque to the crank at 603 lbs. My 2005 or 2014 Rocket ran the quarter mile at 11.43 with 146/148 HP and 163/168 to the crank at 790 lbs. So with 52 more HP, 100 more pounds of torque and 190 pounds heavier the Rocket was only .33 seconds faster and that's in a straight line. In the back roads with tight twisties the Yamaha would eat the Rockets lunch. Also, the experience and talent of the rider is a game changer also and could easily flip the race between the two motorcycles. Horsepower on different motorcycles is deceiving to say the least. It's apples to oranges on different motorcycles.
Some has to do with gearing, and some with the rpm range. Higher reving engines tend to have an advantage in 1/4 mile times.

i get the occassional key fob error as well...did someone mention they will fix that with an update?
Nothing's been done (to my knowledge) about the 1200 Scrambler, and it shares the instrument cluster, and i suppose related components.
It's false alarms, but still annoying.

Nothing's been done (to my knowledge) about the 1200 Scrambler, and it shares the instrument cluster, and i suppose related components.
It's false alarms, but still annoying.

I am starting to think that maybe with the key in my pocket I am pressing down somehow on the connect disconnect button while riding. Otherwise I am to a loss for what is causing it.

Hi all,
"How do I like my TFC", Very much, and more each mile. With our "lock-down" curbing play, my riding days since getting the bike have been few. 1028 miles to be precise, but confidence in both mine and the bike's ability is forging ahead. I have had the bike up to the mid 130's a few times and last week fitted an adjustable screen from "power bronze", and all of sudden, the serious "buffeting" stops and you can actually control the bike at speed instead of fighting the turbulence. I don't actually make a habit of high speeds but occasionally the "demon's horns" come out and the temptation of a straight empty road makes you into an acceleration-junkie, getting your fix of adrenaline.
I also like riding out at a steady 50/70 mph with my wife riding her Harley softail street bob. I like the way it owns the bends and the shift assist has actually peed me off 'cos it changes gear way better than I can. I was sorry to see my Rocket X go and wondered if I was doing the right thing selling it before I had the TFC. The Rocket X never failed to put a smile on my face but the Rocket TFC is a completely different bike, sharing it seems, only the name Rocket 3.
In answer to the question, I like my TFC very much.
Powerbronze screen.JPG

Sounds like you made the right decision for yourself.
What screen exactly did you get as I am thinking the same?
Was it this one?
Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200524-164017_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200524-164017_Samsung Internet.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 35
As of today I've owned my Roadster for 10 years and it still makes me want to take the long way home, and just looking at it, let alone riding it, still makes my heart go pitty pat. It's been a real highlight in my 50+ years of riding. My point? Here's hoping you guys have the same experience with your R3s.

Well I loved my 15 Touring, but after 9000 miles on the GT if I had to have only one bike it would be the GT hands down. There is nothing, with the exception of cargo capacity, that the GT is not better at in my opinion. And after a ride in 90+ miles of twisties this weekend with Harleys, Victory’s, a Ducati, and other brands all of them were impressed and could not stop talking about the dominance of the Rocket.

After my first roadtrip last Sunday (got my R3 2 days before), I was thrilled and I know it is only the beginning !

First 300 kms and max around 3100 rpm...More than enough to feel it was already a catapult....! :) Can't imagine after the 1000 kms 1st maintenance....

1591187305427.png

1591187245118.png
1591187271184.png

1591187696701.png

Attachments

• 1591187680726.png
    1591187680726.png
    116.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back