How Satisfied are you with your New 2020 Bike

How satisfied are you with your new 2020 model?

• Completely

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • Mostly

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • It’s ok

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not al all

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
I looove the kickstand! Have a few vtx1800 with the drastic lean, this rock is almost up when you sit on it. Much easier.

I see one vote for not satisfied, I wonder what the reasons are?

it's pretty much a perfect muscle cruiser in my opinion...my suggestions to improve it would be

1. Make the TFT twice as big...my friend has the tiger 1200 and his TFT is not only bigger but has better options to make the speedo bigger etc...it's a big bike and that little TFT is an injustice.

2. offer the TFC slip on for all bikes

3. quick shifter should be standard...mine is finally being installed wed after waiting nearly 2 months for parts. This is your flagship model, give it the flagship treatment with tons of standard equipment

Other than that I think the bike is incredible. Very happy with it.

it's pretty much a perfect muscle cruiser in my opinion...my suggestions to improve it would be

2. offer the TFC slip on for all bikes

Other than that I think the bike is incredible. Very happy with it.
This is an exclusive feature of the TFC and I think it should be left that way. I do understand your thought however.

The other day I got a call from @Frosty Rider to say he would be up my way later and would I like to check out his new R3 GT.
We met at a local coffee shop (take out only) along with a friend of his and chatted for a while.
I was quite surprised when he tossed me the key fob and said "enjoy yourself"
It was a warm sunny day which has been rare this Spring. I was a bit nervous for the first few minutes riding someone else's expensive beast but I quickly got comfortable with it. I found the gear shift to be a bit awkward but it wasn't set up for me. The shifting was much smoother than my early rocket which has the update kit installed. Very smooth and handled bumpy country roads with ease, very compliant suspension.
Immediately noticeable was the weight loss and the bike felt nimble (compared to my standard). the closeness of the HP and torque numbers are a bit misleading as the GT has so much torque evrywhere with a much flatter torque curve that it really did try to pull my arms off when I opened it up. I was conscious of the fact that the bike only had about 1200 kms on it so took it fairly easy though I did give it one good blast and it got up to instant roadside suspension territory in a flash. The Brembo brakes are terrific too, one finger easily slowingthe bike.
In general I was impressed that it does everything a little better than the older bikes though it is definitely different and less cruiser like.
I wasn't keen on the TFT dash and I found it hard to read at a glance. This too might be a set up issue as I think it is customisable. If I wasn't such a geezer I'd be figuring out how to afford one
. I had an order in for my Rocket before Triumph had even announced it and I ended up with the first one in Canada back in July 2004 and it was expensive for it's time but I was working and making good money so I coughed up approximately $27,000 otd with a bunch of accessories such as a windscreen and back rest. Never regretted it and via the wonders of the internet I have met up with some amazing characters from crazy polacks to miserly Northern Englishman wannabees (wearing kilts) to spicy soup sharing Mexicans and so many more from all over Canada and the United States. I hope the new R3 riders have as much fun and look forward to meeting up with them if they ever open up the border!!!!

Probably somebody who doesn't even have one, just trying to mess with you. :whitstling:

Small rant incoming :) ..

I have learned that there is always someone with something negative to say on the Internet. It’s hard to deal with sometimes. But every forum or subreddit has someone saying something that tries to back hand compliment or take away from whatever thing you just purchased. Buy a nice watch some ******* will reply with “Thats not an in-house movement correct?”.. Get an AMG with a non handmade engine everyone will argue over wether its a real AMG because it doesn’t have a hand made engine.

Anyway.. as long as your content with your purchase .. you have a 2 year warranty to back you up and the best thing we can all do is ride our bikes as much as we can.

Back