How many do you have and what do you do with them...

Just the two now. R3R and the Trident. Love the Rocket, can't stay off it but the Trident is a pleasant change of pace and comfortable. Speed Triple and Thruxton sold recently as I couldn't find enough time to ride them all.

I have my Rocket and Amanda's little Street Triple R is there too. Have to admit I like riding the St3R pretty much and find I'm taking it more often than the Rocket these days. :D

@ CanberraR3. Mate are you sure you bought it for Amanda ????? ;) ;)

Last edited:
I have my R3T, daily rider, my wife has an 13 sportster 883 superlow, she wants to buy a fatboy low next year (at least I'll get on that to go get fuel), but I am trying to convince her to get a new 15 Indian Scout.

Put a little over 9K miles on the '05 Rocket since bringing it home last September. :D
The '98 BMW R1200C now has 110Kmiles on it, 101+ of it mine over the last 12 years, but only 2K in the last year. :(
Boomerang, the '80 Yamaha 850 Special is disabled at the moment, neglected and very sad. :banghead:

But, I love them all.

Negative on the Combat spec on the bike. That came out in 1972. Im keeping my eye out on a Combat. They are becoming more desirable. In the event that I win the lottery or my wife agrees to a 4th bike, that bike would be a 1970 Triumph TR6

You are correct my brother came down today .he has a 1972 model like you said . he came down in his 1981 corvette .it was a 2 year project it has a 383 stoker motor .goes really nice:cool:

I have an 07 Rocket and a Vmax 1700.......I am on my 3rd R3 and 2nd Vmax1700......I usually want the one I haven't got and then sell one to buy the other but now I've got the 2 of them so I am keeping them both......I don't ride either of them much....probably do less than 1000miles a year with both .....I like to take them apart more than ride them.

My Rocket that needs a new head (I swear I'll do the job. Promise!) And a Yamaha YZF-R1. Both are marvels of modern engineering. One is Power. One is Speed. Love them equally.

Back