How many do you have and what do you do with them...

R3Tex

Living Legend
Ride
'13 Rocket III Roadster
After seeing Boog's report on the Strato I figured it was about time to see what everyone else had locked away in the dusty corners of their garage. I have 4 currently and they all have their place...well one is still trying to earn its place. I have a '13 Roadster that is far and away my personal favorite and has been customized to suit my individual taste. When I'm not headed somewhere like my hair is on fire I have a '13 Softail Breakout that is pretty handy in local traffic and also moderately customized. Before Nurse Ratchet decided to get her own bike I bought a '13 Ultra Classic for a two up long range cruiser that has about everything you can put on one and then some...all comfort items, and I can vouch for the fact that when you are going to spend 16 hours eating up miles on an Interstate there are very few bikes that will provide the comfort mile after mile...at least none that I've had the privilege of riding. It also comes in handy for riding to work in the rain and not soaking your computer. Lastly I recently acquired an '09 Standard that I have hopes of replacing the Ultra with. It is currently bone stock and the only miles I've put on it have been off the trailer when it got her from Tennessee. It will hopefully get some paint, a windscreen, pipes, beetle bags, nav, etc this winter and move into its rightful place as my referred touring bike. I ride every day in traffic back and forth to work and wherever the day takes me on weekends year round and have found that while I consider the Rocket to be a superior machine, there are times when I would rather ride one of the others.

So whatcha got and what do you do with it?

While I certainly can't compare to the TOY MASTER, @R3Tex ,
I have a 1980 Honda Twinstar with under 500 original miles and a 2004 Vulcan 2000 (V2K) with over 80K miles.
My 2012 R3R was definitely a step up from the V2K in performance but not comfort.
I'll take the performance any day!
I would like to add a Triumph twin based Bobber to the garage, just for fun and posing.

While my 2010 R3T is my first choice for long rides, my 1972 Triumph Tiger is for the times when i want to be silly. Meeting buddies at various coffee shops and or enjoying the ride of a no frills, no rubber mounted scooter. Now for times when i feel like being a peacock i ride my frame up restored 1971 Norton Long Range Fastback. I ride that beauty more to bike and or car shows. All brit bikes put a grin on my face that no HD can do. (I had a Road King)

While my 2010 R3T is my first choice for long rides, my 1972 Triumph Tiger is for the times when i want to be silly. Meeting buddies at various coffee shops and or enjoying the ride of a no frills, no rubber mounted scooter. Now for times when i feel like being a peacock i ride my frame up restored 1971 Norton Long Range Fastback. I ride that beauty more to bike and or car shows. All brit bikes put a grin on my face that no HD can do. (I had a Road King)

My brother has the same Norton .has yours got the combat motor in it

BRITCYCLES has a beautiful 1968 TR6C for sale .. if any of you US or Canadian blokes are inspired to add to your collection of classic British bikes , I'd love to have it to burn around on.

Negative on the Combat spec on the bike. That came out in 1972. Im keeping my eye out on a Combat. They are becoming more desirable. In the event that I win the lottery or my wife agrees to a 4th bike, that bike would be a 1970 Triumph TR6C.
I tell my wife its either hookers and heroine or motorcycles. So far we agree. Lol.

I have my Enfield. It is about as different from the RIII as you can get, and probably one of the few bikes that get more attention.

This thread is giving me the itch for a Bonnie.
I would want a bobber style - any opinions regarding which tear/model would be best?

Back