How is the Rocket3 on the highway?

I would say the Rocket "naturally" wants to cruise at 90 to 100 mph. I know I have to concentrate to keep it at 80, any sort of mind drift and off she goes. Cruise control helps keep the beast within the law. but she doesn't like it one bit.:D

Guys, thanks for the info. This pretty much seals the deal for me. Do you think $14,600 is a good price for a new 2007 R3 classic Tourer?

Last edited:
07 Tourer Price

vtrider, This seems to be standard cut ( good deal ) from dealerships , I felt as though it was good deal , I bought the 06 Classic this time last year for $14,200, I felt alright with that. I did not get the feeling I just robbed someone but I did not feel ripped either for what I got . For that price it sounds like a better deal than I got. By the way , who is your dealer?; I may want to investigate comparison pricing myself one day. Ed;)

Is the Classic a left over model, a demo, a low mileage owned unit or what? You need to be specific.

My 07 Classic is a comfortable ride on and off the e-way. I rode mine to Nashville last year via the east coast from here in Michigan and had no problem whatsoever. I did put a tour buddy on the seat for extra storage. I was out 2 weeks.

... 80 MPH is nothing and the Rocket is happy to cruise along at that speed, with PLENTY in reserve if you need to pass.

The Classic already comes outfitted with bags and shield...
The Tourer comes standard with the bags and shield.

I would say the Rocket "naturally" wants to cruise at 90 to 100 mph. :D
The most noticeable vibration come to mine at 85+ Otherwise it's smooth as silk. Well, smooth as denim.

...Do you think $14,600 is a good price for a new 2007 R3 classic Tourer?
A new Tourer at 14.6 is good. The listed retail is 16.4. Check out Triumph of Chattanooga: http://www.ppofc.com/ for what is possible.

Additional recommendations: Dresser bars, Lowers, Auxillary Fog Lights, Silencer Upgrade, Stebel Nautilus horn, Signal Dynamics tail light mod. http://signaldynamics.com/products/Modules/tristar.asp and a TuneBoy. Oh yes, a pair of Flipmeister Brake Line Clamps and a pair of Flipmeister Handle Bar cable clamps. The Lowers will be a most satisfactory first addition. There's a link somewhere here-in addressing a good buy on PIAA Extreme replacement bulbs, through Christmas. The stock halogens are, imo, barely adequate. The Sylvania Silverstars are far superior to the stock halogens. I believe the kelvin temps on PIAA Extreme Whites and the Silverstars are comparable. The PIAA Plasma replacement bulbs are the biggest leap in candle-power.

Last edited:
Lights, then and now.

Just think about it. The Model A and T had carbide headlamps. A chunk of carbide and a little water and presto you had a flamable gas. I remember my dad telling me when he was out on a date and the water ran low in the headlights, you whizzed in the headlamp to replenish the water. He never told me whether his date handled the 'water hose' or not though.:D

...What is a comfortable cruising speed? (Low RPM, low vibes). I like to cruise at about 80mph. Are there any additions to the bike that would make highway riding a more pleasant experience? ...Bob.

Throttle control: There are several alternatives. There's the cheapest, the Flipmeister @ $0.90. Then there's the Throttlemeister or the MC Cruise http://www.r3owners.net/showthread.php?t=2119&highlight=throttlemeister and several other similar renditions spoken of here-in. There are thottle locks, like the Throttlemeister (TM), and then there are cruise controls. But the 2nd cheapest @ $10 is the Cramp Buster http://www.crampbuster.com/info.html I have a TM but rarely use it. The Cramp Buster is perfect!

Is the Classic a left over model, a demo, a low mileage owned unit or what? You need to be specific.

My 07 Classic is a comfortable ride on and off the e-way. I rode mine to Nashville last year via the east coast from here in Michigan and had no problem whatsoever. I did put a tour buddy on the seat for extra storage. I was out 2 weeks.

What ja do Flipper go by a new rocket on us and not tell.:confused: Last I new you were still on an 06

Back