Houston we have a 2.5l Rocket! And not from NASA

Stopped in at Gulf Coast BMW | Motorcycle Sales near Houston TX this morning for a quick look at the new Rocket3R

To me, at 6'5" 198lbs... it is still small.
It does not have the presence the old version has.
The tank is bigger than it looks
The contours for the knees are too close to the rider - probably be better for those under 6'2", but the "crease" digs to the inside of my knees and will hurt when gripping the bike
Fit and finish is top notch. Not many manufacturers even coming close to, let alone matching, what Triumph did on this. I bet the TFC is going to be amazing.

I did not test ride it. The offered to let me take it, but being the only new Rocket 3 in Houston, I declined. I know if I were buying it, I'd want it with as few miles as possible on the clock. Preferably right out of the crate. They are hoping to have a demo by end of next week and will call me to come ride it.

Attached is a shot of me sitting on it and another of my wife. Keep in mind, I am 6'5"(195.58cm & 90kg) my wife is 5'3"(160cm) when considering the size of it.

There are about 65 pics and some small vids at this link(my google drive) - drive.google.com/open?id=1TXfwMvpVvfijJLmtIzGQFS6sjGB27wwV

upload_2020-1-11_12-34-5.png

20200111_091234.jpg

Thanks for sharing your experience my friend

She can give it to me, i will ride the wheels off of it:):D

So true, quite literally having seen at least two with the wheels coming off while the Ryker was going down the road. Always check to make sure those wheel nut retaining clips are properly installed.

Honestly it looks to fit Wifey just fine...but then what would she do with the Ryker?

She's currently rebuilding her confidence, on her Street Triple, with the intent to get rid of the Ryker. She is after Tiger though. Triumph even is next week and we'll see if she likes the new 900's or if we buy a new old stock 800

She can give it to me, i will ride the wheels off of it:):D

We'll be trading it in sometime in the next 6-8 months, I'm more than happy to let you know what the dealer offers in case you may want it.

So true, quite literally having seen at least two with the wheels coming off while the Ryker was going down the road. Always check to make sure those wheel nut retaining clips are properly installed.

They had a recall on the wheel nuts. They were being over-tightened and would crack. Without the clips they could come off. I kept a spare of each on the bike and 2 more of each in the garage, just in case.

Well - not ALL! ;)

Now then - similar compare photos on the 1290SDR.

It's currently tucked back in the garage so that it is a hassle for me to get out. I'd have to move two other bikes to get it out. This keeps me from riding it and potentially messing it up before trade in time.

It does need to come out for a quick jaunt sometime though, it's been a couple months. Will get a few snaps taken. There is a pic somewhere around here from the day I got it, I've lost quite a few pounds since though.

Back