Nice bike Dave! I love Magnas, whenever you grt tired of it i will gladly give you the 800 you paid for it, would hate to see you loose money on it:D

Sure do.... This was last year when another list member on the V4HondaBBS came and got it from to change out all the fluids and in stall some tires for me....

I also had a V65 magna when they came out. I loved that bike and had a dumbass attack trading it for something else. I weighed about 100lbs more than I do now and it was still fast. Sure wish they still made it I would buy another. Al

Last edited:
I still have and ride my 95 Magna. A problem I have with going from the rocket to the Magna is when I go into a corner I tend to through it into the turn and all most throw it to the ground. It takes a liter touch than the Beast:cool:

I had a 1987 Super Magna 700 a few years ago. She was in great shape. Original pipes and all. Very peppy, but not a rocket.

024.JPG

I always wished they had put the 1100 (V-65) engine in that model Magna. That is a cool looking bike !

i always thought the sabre was an interesting beast, but then im a sucker for anything with a V4, love em, they sound so cool:D

i always thought the sabre was an interesting beast, but then im a sucker for anything with a V4, love em, they sound so cool:D
People see the V65 and think it's a 650cc..... and they also think it's a twin... I tell them to go and count the spark plug wires... they were WAY ahead of there time...

A few of you know that I Bought this Honda Magna a while ago for $800. my wife and daughter have been riding it around not far just around town anyhow after putting a couple of hundred miles on the big boy today I jumped on the magne and put just under a hundred on it and boy it is one smooth ride.
Nice quiet gear change, pretty comfy seat(for it being soft) runs like a dream, the bike had been sitting for three years and would not start but it turned over okay cleaned the carbs, installed new pet cock oil change new plugs and away it went.
It is a fun bike and for a 750 it can move with that V4 engine.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Obviously I'm coming into this conversation late, but just now bumped into it. I had one of these last-of-series Magna's back in '95, purchased new as a leftover '94. It was the solid "Pearl Yellow", and boy did it turn heads. (You just didn't see many of this newer version around here, then. They were truly a bargain for what they were. I really liked the thing... it was smooth, quick and easily handled. I rode it to Myrtle Beach "Bike Week", just for kicks, that year ('95), and it actually turned heads amongst the more typical hardcore H-D crowd that is there. I had quite a few compliments on it, in fact. But, when I'd ride even modest distances for short range touring (just like the Myrtle Beach trip - even 4 to 6 hour runs in either direction to the mountains or beach, for instance) I'd be squirming in the saddle with discomfort in maybe an hour, simply because the saddle to foot peg distance was a tad too short for my riding style, even though I'm a basic 6-footer. Alas, I traded the machine at only 7 or 8 thousand miles on a brand new '96 1100 ACE, which I still have today, in addition to my R3T. The dealer actually took my Magna for some of his own family's use (I took exceptional care of it, and don't run my bikes hard, which he knew), and they had it for many years, as I recall. The things are still tough, decent looking, good machines. I sorta' have been spoiled by drive shafts over the years, but the O-ring chain on the Magna served very well with occasional "dry-lube" type spray. And, it really put the power of the 750 cc V4 right on the street.
Thanks for letting me reminisce a bit, here... you made a REAL BARGAIN, it appears, on that bike... how many miles does it have on it?

Last edited:
Back