hi guys, i got my 08 r3 classic

Welcome from someone who registered after you.

The story of my recent purchase of an '08 Classic is much the same as yours. After a lot of Internet searching, I was prepared to travel almost to the east coast to purchase a good used Rocket, but then I found one less than 110 miles away with less than 5000 miles. Mine's blue and silver, what color is yours? I started out at 12 on a Honda 50 that I shared with my older brother. When we moved to the city, we sold it. Neither one of us was old enough to get a license. When I was 14, I bought a Harley. Not because of the mystic, but because I needed something to deliver my newspapers on besides a bicycle. It was a single cylinder Italian bike that I think Harley just applied their sticker to, but it was so much better than pedal powered.... I might get flamed for being too long winded on my first post... so I'll close with the following: After owning serveral bikes, and riding most of the rest (at many vacations at the Honda Hoot) I never got off one that made me feel my Valkyrie was underpowered until the day the Triumph trailer came to town. That was serveral years ago and I finally got to scratch the itch and it feels gooood.

wow, what a response, thanks fellow rocketeers.

xhdskip, i went to ponca city today to retrieve my big ruckus honda scooter. yeah, i hauled it back home in my pickup. i drove right through barnsdall, what a coincidence. tuesday afternoon when i was riding the rocket through barnsdall i stopped and visited with one of the local barney fifes/sherrifs deputy. we had a good visit. as to the other person who has the silver and blue rocket , mine is the dark red metallic and cream, gold pinstriping of course. now for the person inquiring as to how much i gave for it, $9200. i thought it was a great price for it. i sure wasn't going to buy a new one when this one i got is practically brand new. it has the triumph roadster screen, an extra pair of shocks. weird but one set has 1 through 5, and the other set has 1 through 7, for the adjustments of the spring preload i'm thinking. the ruckus was great to ride up to get it though. 70mpg, 70 mph on the flats, 75mph once in a while, and 80 a couple of long downhill runs on the 412 turnpike. at least it has the twin headlights like our triumphs. if pee wee herman rode a two wheeler, it'd be a honda big ruckus. they're goofy as hell. thanks for all the positive replies to this thread. i feel a positive attitude in here.

Welcome Emwolb, hey there is nothing wrong with a rucus, and they are easy to fabricate too, it takes about 20' of 1/2" black pipe:D
i was around your neighborhood last week, i do a lot of work at flying j:)

Welcome from Canada,

This forum is absolutely great and you're going to find that owning the Rocket is 10 times more enjoyable due to the wealth of knowledge and comradery you'll find on this site!

Thanks emwolb for the PM response. I tried to respond, but received a message that I have to post 2 messages before I can. This will give me 2.

thanks to all in here,

you guys really make me feel welcome to the R-3 community. i still ride my 08 classic, it never fails to feed my addiction for acceleration. i just wanted to say thank you all for your comments. since getting my rocket, i've met a few guys, "mexican, skip-xhd, nm rocket" and likely a few others which i can't remember the names of. ride safe, lots of lunatics out there texting.

Back