hi guys, i got my 08 r3 classic

emwolb

.060 Over
since riding a rocket 3 when they first came out, i've been wanting to buy one. i finally found one about 180 miles away, my 08 classic. i got it from a 69 year old guy who was afraid of it and sold it to me so he could get a goldwing. 3,000 miles and in absolute showroom condition. it romps every bit as strong as the first one i rode when they were introduced to the us dealers. i plan on riding it stock for a while till i get comfortable with it, and then of course, let the mods begin. after buying it i rode it home in the rain, uggh, but it's now home. i rode my honda 250cc scooter up to get the rocket III, what a difference. get off of a tiny scooter to get on this monster, yeow corndoggies. fast forward to when i got home with it. i pull it into my shop and park it next to my hot rodded 08 harley streetgide. just for laughs i sat on my streetglide after getting my rocket, and my streetglide felt so much smaller than it used to. yes it's a big bike, but compared to my rocket, the streetglide feels like an old 70's honda 750. i've been looking for reasons to go out for a ride on my rocket III. seems like everywhere i go, i get comments while getting gas, at the grocery store, etc. living in rural oklahoma, my rocket is a very unique bike. i'm impressed with everything about it. there i had my opportunity to express my contentment on a great purchase. the guys here in the forum seem really nice, and it seems like a great source for information. whoever it was who set up this forum, thanks from me, another new guy.

Hey, welcome from Downunder. You'd better get used to the comments and sore jaw from grinning. You can either start thinking about a few small mods at first or leap straight into the full workput - makes no difference; you'll do it all anyway!! :D

Welcome from Molino, FL and Afghanistan. Glad you got a bike that you will be happy with.

Dennis

59 dtg Dubai
60 dtg Home for good!

Welcome from Texas.. :) I've had mine since Dec '05 and have put about 62,000 miles on her. Still a great bike! Every once in a while I think about getting something else as my main ride, but the Rocket is not only cool, it's also very versatile.. :) So, I've pretty much decided I will ride it and ride it and ride it.. Right now, I see no reason it can't run for however many miles I decide to put on it, with normal maintenance, of course.. :)

Welcome from Kansas. A nice Sunday Ride to Cassoday, KS sounds like just the ticket for your break-in period.:D

Ride Safe

So did you just bungie cord the scooter to the back for the ride home?? LOL

'08 was a very good year, my standard has been trouble free and dependable.

Welcome and enjoy the bike.

Hey, if it's not too personal a question can we know what the asking price was? You don't have to tell us what you paid if you don't want, I'm just curious what they are going for. I might have to put mine up for sale after the RAA ride if things don't change.

Welcome from Illinois.

I rode a RoadKing to a bike blessing last month after my fuel pump quit working. I never would have thought an eight hundred pound bike could feel so puny.

Back