Welcome!

Keep the itty bitty Intruder AND a Rocket. The Intruder for them short jaunts and errands, the Rocket for just going and going!

Welcome!

Keep the itty bitty Intruder AND a Rocket. The Intruder for them short jaunts and errands, the Rocket for just going and going!

I really love the 1500, but that makes the most sense - it's kinda what I do now.

Nethound: who do you use in the KC area for parts and dealer service? Engle Motors is near me. Nice guys, but I don't know how high they are on parts and service. I do most myself, but some stuff is best left to the pros. BTW, Oz Powersports from down in Ottowa is opening a shop in KCK. Cool salvage yard with lots of accessories and used bikes. I had to go down there a couple week ago for a fuel pump and found out about the new location.

I really love the 1500, but that makes the most sense - it's kinda what I do now.

Nethound: who do you use in the KC area for parts and dealer service? Engle Motors is near me. Nice guys, but I don't know how high they are on parts and service. I do most myself, but some stuff is best left to the pros. BTW, Oz Powersports from down in Ottowa is opening a shop in KCK. Cool salvage yard with lots of accessories and used bikes. I had to go down there a couple week ago for a fuel pump and found out about the new location.

They did OK by me when I had my Trophy 1200. Top notch service and a 'typical' shop rate.

Currently I've got two Suzuki Intruders, an 800 and a 1500. I'm starting to think about another bike and I'm pretty sure it's going to be a Rocket.

I rode a friend's Rocket3 a couple years ago, and I haven't been able to get it out of my head. I figure, if I'm going to get a bigger bike, I might as well get the biggest!

It'll be awhile before I pull the trigger, so I'll be lurking for awhile learning as much as I can before I buy.

Joe

I've got the solution...pull the engines out of both your bikes, stick 'em together, and you've got enough cc to make a Rocket. :D

Welcome from Oz.

Welcome to the site.
The guys are right,
you might as well off load the lesser bikes and get the ONE you really want.
You'll never swing a leg over them once you get the rocket anyway.

Welcome from Auss, sorry I have to agree I have a ST 1100 honda whichserved me well and I could not bear to sell it guess what the poor old dear is still sitting there gathering dust not ridden in two and a bit years. One of these days I cut the heart strings and .... sell .... herrrrrr... bo hoo

But I love my Rocket so much I can not ride any other bike and get the feeling I get just even sitting on her, you will either love her or you were not meant to own one! that what Rocket is all about

I pretty much use Engle. They've been mostly good to work with. I had some frustration with them early on when my bike didn't want to start when it was 60 or below and they didn't seem to take the situation seriously. But after some good long discussions with the manager there they took care of it (I think, probably won't know for sure until fall). Overall they have taken good care of me.

I go to a place called Mark's Motorcycles over in Edwardsville for my Dark Side Mounting since it is close and they are willing to do it. I never asked Engle, just assumed they wouldn't, though the service manager there was commenting on my tire and said they had done it for someone once who immediately brought it back in and asked for it to be removed.

Back