Welcome from Northern Ontario Mike. Congrats on the purchase. May I ask why your name is what it is?

Do you like Pie???? My favourite is apple....
Long story, but shortened version is NZ is a nation of pie eaters, small savoury/meat ones as opposed to desert pies as in the US. I was a baker for a while making pies - Mikethepie! Not very exciting, but there you go!

Welcome from Kansas City Missouri in the U.S. does it get cold in NZ? It's colder the a witches tit in a brass bra here.
We're heading into summer now, I'm at the top of the South Island so we don't get too cold even in winter, a few mild frosts where i live but once the suns up its beautiful!

Long story, but shortened version is NZ is a nation of pie eaters, small savoury/meat ones as opposed to desert pies as in the US. I was a baker for a while making pies - Mikethepie! Not very exciting, but there you go!

Yep, a Steak, Bacon and Cheese pie for me every time. :D
When we were young and travelling, we would often stop for a "three coarse meal" .... two beers and a pie :thumbsup:

Mike..... "Not very exciting".... Come on. Good bakers can make meals come alive! With a nickname like that, you must have been good.

I'm a Canadian.... We love pies of all types. Shephards pie, meat pies (beef, turkey, hamburg), then comes the chicken pot pies complete with corn, carrots and other veggies added.
th

Then come the dessert pies.
image.php

As stated, apple is my favourite with strawberry rhubarb a close second and blueberry a close third.

I'm hungry.

Hi Mike welcome from Christchurch.

@Tal we might have to take a scoot up the highway and meet a follow captain.
Hi again, just looking at your picture, are those throwover panniers or secured on a frame/quick release mounting kit?
Looking for some secure panniers, not throw overs, but not having a heap of luck. Might have to look further afield to the states.

They are leatherlik hard plastic with locking lids.

They came on the Rocket. And are quick release just pull two pins on each.

But they have both split along the 90deg seam. Think it might have been when the wife was on the back and rested her legs on them while away for the weekend.

Had them repaired once.

Will try again with the repairs.

Mike, welcome from Maine, Captain:) My favorite pie is Rhubard, or maybe apple, of course cocoanut creme never passing me by either, lemon marange seems to be special too,minced meat has been known to disappear as well, hmm, maybe I just like pies:roll:
Hoopla

Back