Hi Folks. Need a picture of a 2020 & post R3 with a set of crash bars.

Micksan

Supercharged
Ride
2023 Triumph R3 GT, 2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT,
I need the picture for a couple of reasons. First To make sure that there are such things. Second to see how they are mounted. The people I am writing say no instructions.
Thanks in advance.
Russ in OKC

There are heaps of cheap ones coming up on eBay now from China.

They have good photos of parts and angles etc but none fitted.

Black Bumper Engine Protection Guard Crash Bar Fits Black For TrRocket 3Gt2020-2022 MU | eBay
1710454753752.png

or chrome

1710454865648.png

There are heaps of cheap ones coming up on eBay now from China.

They have good photos of parts and angles etc but none fitted.

Black Bumper Engine Protection Guard Crash Bar Fits Black For TrRocket 3Gt2020-2022 MU | eBay
1710454753752.png

or chrome

1710454865648.png
First of all thanks for the help. I have most pf it figured out. The only piece that has me scratching my head is the flat piece with the hole at one end and the square piece at the wider end

First of all thanks for the help. I have most pf it figured out. The only piece that has me scratching my head is the flat piece with the hole at one end and the square piece at the wider end
That’s for hanging the gremlin bell in hopes these actually perform as intended

This site has some good close-ups of the bars and the build quality:

Apparently the kit doesn’t come with instructions, so you have to figure out the mounting. They look nice at initial glance, but I a concerned with all the deforms in the tubing. The crash bars for the previous generation were well made with continuous lines and smooth bends. Believe me, I tested it in the garage or parking lot a couple times.

Due your due diligence on that company selling them from China. Lots of bad reviews and zero communication. Looking at the pictures, the welds are barely tacked together. The vibration of a R3 will destroy those welds before they are ever tested on a drop. Besides the thin wall tubing they are made from. Buyer beware.

I want to say thanks for the input. I wrote to three eBay contacts that are selling Crash bars. All three replied that theirs would not fit my bike. I believe the forward foot controls kill the chances. I must say that I am glad they were that honest with me. As it turns out we are going in another direction with a side car. I will fill you in with my next post.

Sidecars - now your talking! :cool: 😍

Yeah, folks found similar situation for forward controls and Dresser/Crash/Engine bars tend to prevent their use on older Rocket IIIs with aftermarket fwd controls too.

Sidecars - now your talking! :cool: 😍

Yeah, folks found similar situation for forward controls and Dresser/Crash/Engine bars tend to prevent their use on older Rocket IIIs with aftermarket fwd controls too.
I take it you're a hack nut. With all that open land you have in the west, I can't blame you. My wife has a lot more mikes on them than I do. I also have a 95 lb dog who thinks it belongs to him and gets upset when it goes out without him.

I need the picture for a couple of reasons. First To make sure that there are such things. Second to see how they are mounted. The people I am writing say no instructions.
Thanks in advance.
Russ in OKC
Hi Micksan,
I am also looking for forward crash bars to mount on my Rocket 3R black - do you know the name of the company you‘ve found in Australia?
Because they sell via eBay and those guys wont sell/ship to Swiitzerland…

Back