Hi everyone from VA

Some things that I found that I could complain about.

1. Is it normal to have to double clutch to get this into first from neutral?? About 75% of the time I have to do this.
2. Is it normal when down shifting that it goes into neutral instead of first gear?? It’s like I have to put more effort to get into first from second gear, no binding or hard to get into first, it will go into neutral 75% of the time.
3. No complaint, never road one or heard one in person but there is like a whirring or wrrrrring noise (sounds like a Pete Jackson gear drive in drag car) that emanates from the right side of the motor, it has done this from the first day. Is this normal???

I remember riding britman's when he first got it. The transmission was not very precise. I had the same issues you are reporting. As the miles wore on, it loosened up nicely. It was very smooth the last time I rode it.

Byron sent you an email as I found stone damage on my mirrors chipping the chrome and I would recommend getting the ones with no holes in the stems as there won't be as many bugs to clean out of them.
Also your tranny should smooth out after she breaks in a while monitor your clutch freeplay at the lever 2-3mm freeplay is per the manual.

Congrats on that big, bouncing, bruiser of a new baby now residing in your garage, Bry. Love that matte paint finish...

I was tempted to point out the necessity to let some things get properly seated and broken in before you start beating on the baby, but it seems that you reminded yourself just in the nick of time! She's a big girl and she makes some big noise(s) - you'll get used to that. She'll prolly be crying louder and harder after you have your way with her mod-wise, anyhow.

If you guys are going to pull together a VA meet and greet, I sure would appreciate a heads up/invitation as some of you boys from Virginny are amongst the best of the bunch on this site. Yeah, that, plus you have some mighty nice backroads down your way, too!

Thanks, t! I am a sucker for aviation, too, so that looks great.

Please keep me posted on the earlier meet up!

That sounds like a plan for bdl’s, I have been trying to find another place to go on weds night as I don’t care too much for the hardcore bdl crowd.

What’s the deal with the Predator exhaust deal?? I have emailed Travelguy like five times and no response??? I have read that if he gets between 7 to 10 order for them he will get some made??

Is this some secret exhaust that one is only privilege one's to buy?? I have inquired about other products as well but no response on that too. This is the same thing I ran into on the v-rod 1130cc.com site.

Please don’t tell me that I have to have over 200 posts in order buy items from vendors directly off this site???

Some things that I found that I could complain about.

1. Is it normal to have to double clutch to get this into first from neutral?? About 75% of the time I have to do this.
2. Is it normal when down shifting that it goes into neutral instead of first gear?? It’s like I have to put more effort to get into first from second gear, no binding or hard to get into first, it will go into neutral 75% of the time.
3. No complaint, never road one or heard one in person but there is like a whirring or wrrrrring noise (sounds like a Pete Jackson gear drive in drag car) that emanates from the right side of the motor, it has done this from the first day. Is this normal???
Bryon,
1. and 2. I have a hell of a time getting my '07 Standard to get into and stay into first gear. I have to double clutch, keep tapping on the shifter and make sure it's "all the way" into first, or it will pop into neutral as I'm accelerating. I've just gotten used to having to tap the shifter and play with the clutch - I don't even think about it anymore.
3. I do have a whirring noise all the time, but the full face helmet and Jardine exhaust make it much less noticeable. :)

Mike

Back