It seems to be the general consensus that there is a breach in the Dot Com site.

Some friendly advice... clean out your cookies and temporary files, run a complete virus scan, and reboot your computer.

There is a very good chance there is something nasty running around that site or its server.

This is one of the reasons we upgraded to V Bulletin 3.6.5 a few months back. It has advanced security and fixed some issues that could have been exploited. Shawn has also added some of his own touches, so we are pretty safe here.

clean out your cookies and temporary files, run a complete virus scan, and reboot your computer.

StarTrek parlance. 30 or 40 years ago. Back then, it was science-fictitious gibberish. Mystifying. Fascinating. Entertaining. Utterly meaningless.

That is to say that , back then, Tomo's post would have been totally undecipherable. Cleaning cookies out? Running virus scans? Rebooting ?

Consolation I find in the fact that I can hardly decipher it tonight:cool:

I clean out the cookies weekly. Amy buys me a box of Chips Ahoy and I eat them, with a glass of milk of course.

I like Girl Scout cookies too. After all, 'there is a little girl scout in every box'.:D

Ain't nuth'in nasty running around in this computer. It has the latest Federal Gummit spyware and all that other stuff inside. Your tax dollars at work.......

Every time someone posts a link here I have to go through all sorts of rig-a-maroe to view it.

I'm like Jack, not at all computer literate but I don't have to be. Some gummit IT took care of that.

Flip.... you crack me up :D

And Jamie is spot on...I think we all wanted to be one of the Starfleet characters... how erie. I wanted to be Scotty...:roll:

And the most overused quote in my shop... "Dammit Jim, I'm a mechanic, not a doctor"

Tomo:

You are right. For the longest time I want to be Spock. I could never do the split finger thing. Remember the Jetsons?

I hear that line at work all the time. Our tech's have all had to become extremely computer literate as you can't spin wrenches on the new diesels without first hooking up the computer to diagnose the error codes. All this week I drove with a 9-5 error code and the resultant check engine light on. My on board in dash computer will self diagnose the engine fault codes in real time but won't pin point the trouble without the Caterpillar link. Our service manager told me to put a dab of tape over the light. They downloaded the fault today. It was a high voltage fault in the valve actuation module. Turned out to be a bad connection in a Molex and a fried oil pressure sensor. At least the engine didn't derate all week. Actually it ran better than usual though my fuel mileage went down the tubes. Electronic engine management allows the mechanics (techs) to trouble shoot easier than a conventional engine so long as they can navigate the computer.

You think cars are scary with electronics, you should take a peek at the new heavy truck engines......

Back