Help with advice re Ignition and Ramair.

Silli

.040 Over
Ride
R3-X 2015, Daytona 2008
Hi Guys.

My R3 is unmodified so far, apart from the exhaust system.

I have recently been having an intermittent fault with the ignition switch, which is bound to fail completely any time soon.

Have been musing with the idea of fitting the Ramair intake system, and then re-wiring the ignition switch wires to an alternative switch unit fitted in the space where the airbox was.

I haven't decided exactly what type of switch to use, but that is of secondary consideration right now.

I am quite useful with tools and electrics, so not worried about doing the work.

Any advice on this subject, pointers, pitfalls etc would be exceedingly welcome.

Thanks

Silli. o_O

You need an Eastern Beaver kit (or similar) to get the headlight wiring out of the ignition switch wiring loom. That will take a big load out of the circuit and protect the switch. If it is already failing then it can be taken apart (with some minor difficulties) and the faulty solder joints repaired.

For a few dollars you can make a remote digital keyless system. The way I did it is here: http://www.r3owners.net/threads/keyless-ignition-mod-how-to-with-pics.9139/page-3 (Scroll down the page a bit.) If you read through the whole thread then you will also see some alternatives. My system still works, although I did go back and solder the wires in to hard-wire it.

Definitely good gear, and yes...more than $40. I have one of his systems on my '09 standard and just ordered another for my roadster.

Thanks gentlemen. Decision made. It will cost me the equivalent of approx $100 to get "keyless" ignition sorted out.

Thank you very much for assistance. :):cool:

Back