Hello and thanks for all of the insights on Rockets ! New owner - Bike arrived- in North Carolina

Welcome from TN. Keep an eye on the forum Maggie Valley in June for the next rockets acrossed America. Oh yeah,do you like goats or sheep??:roll::roll::roll:
I had already spotted that on the forum and told my good lady that we might be taking a wander in that direction next summer ! I only like goats and sheep in curry / in pies or for clothing ;-) I am a lowland Scot - we leave the sheep bothering to the teuchters :)

Welcome Mike from Northern Ontario. Glad to see you are on the road to FREEDOM. A Trophy and now a Rocket..... and the wife agreed to it??? You have it made.

Or did the purchase of the Rocket come with some hidden promises to the better half?

Glad to have you aboard. Watch out for the torque on that monster especially in wet weather. There is no rain mode on the beast. Most of all, have fun!
My wife is awesome - we started dating when I was 16... 40 years ago now - so she has dealt my my shenanigans for a long time now and has spent a lot of time on the back of motorcycles (she can sleep back there !) I have a 2002 Daytona 955i, a Ninja 1000SX and the Trophy all in the garage right now... Daytona is almost sold and I will decide on what to do with the Ninja once I have put some miles in on the Rocket. Yes - that torque will demand some restraint on wet roads ! No hidden promises - she just understands that Motorcycles keep me sane (ish) and after a few round of cancer and a liver transplant I need more upright riding position (May need to get T Bars once I get a feel for longer runs) Thank you all for the welcomes !

Welcome to the show from about 35 miles north of you Claymore from a boy that grew up in Cary NC and can remember when there were about 1200 folks and 3 stoplights there.

You looking at that matte black one down at Tobacco Road HD-Triumph ?
I bought the Trophy there when it was Ray Price HD. Very happy with the dealer and I did look at buying the Rocket there but much as I would greatly prefer to buy from local dealer I got a deal for over $4K less than best price from local which is just too much to ignore

C containment A rea for R elocated Y ankees. It ain't Dixie in Cary. Come West where the Highlanders live.

C containment A rea for R elocated Y ankees. It ain't Dixie in Cary. Come West where the Highlanders live.
Thats the One ! Yes - I saw several folks with my family name in graveyards up around Grandfather Mountain area. I can see why the settled up there - it is really like Scotland and the climate is a lot cooler up there

Hello! Welcome from Utah. Can't wait to see the pics. Used to do websites for a photographer there in Raleigh and Durham, but never been there.

Hey there Claymore....if your 6ft plus..the rivco risers underneath thunderbike nz teebars are perfect...dont need different cables, just re route them so they sit nice...i'm 6ft 1inch ish and find this is perfect for comfort. I have rivco Honda Goldwing hiway pegs mounted on the frame in front of the gear change and rear brake pedal for the times i want to stretch the legs out..

71800_389608ca74ed4ee31688e4b6a6a2ce93.jpg

Back