Hello and thanks for all of the insights on Rockets ! New owner - Bike arrived- in North Carolina

I have been lurking on this forum now for a few months as I did my homework on the Rocket 3 and I have to say that I am really impressed by the camaraderie and insights which you all share.
I just ordered a new Rocket 3 Roadster and you folks here and the Facebook page for R3 owners really helped me with the decision. Thank you !

The fact that this is such a truly worldwide community is also amazing since there are always slightly different perspectives from folks around the world which you can learn from.

I currently ride a Triumph Trophy SE which I plan to hold on to also and expect to have the Roadster in next couple of weeks !

I am originally from Glasgow in Scotland and have been living in North Carolina in the US now for 18 years. Married, 3 kids (two married, one at college) and now time to enjoy some quality time with my Good Lady.

Thanks for the guidance and the grins on the forum
- Mike
Hello from London.

Hey there Claymore....if your 6ft plus..the rivco risers underneath thunderbike nz teebars are perfect...dont need different cables, just re route them so they sit nice...i'm 6ft 1inch ish and find this is perfect for comfort. I have rivco Honda Goldwing hiway pegs mounted on the frame in front of the gear change and rear brake pedal for the times i want to stretch the legs out..

71800_389608ca74ed4ee31688e4b6a6a2ce93.jpg
Thanks for the advice. Nice clean modes there

Claymore, welcome from Maine, Captain:D The weather downn your way must be getting ready to go riding:)

Not so much up here in Maine, 10 inches of snow yesterday, over 2 ft in the yd:(

Well the sun is much higher in the sky now, so the snow will go soon:D

Hoopla

48168577_10205353529435749_474458259730726912_n.jpg
48281189_10205353529995763_3544297911347052544_n.jpg
48391812_10205353529715756_76623084144033792_n.jpg

Update :
Bike arrived !
The delivery vehicle was huge... too big to fit into our neighborhood - so the Rocket was delivered from the big blue beast in the parking lot of a nearby abandoned gas station

2 folks who were working on fiber cable installation came over to have a look and asked what was going on so I explained that I was having a bike delivered.
The guysasked if it was a Harley and I replied that it was a cruiser style bike but was a Triumph - which - as usual - had them wondering if Triumph even still made motorcycles... when the driver (an awesome guy called Frenchy) rolled the beast out of the back and I explained that it was a 2.3L motorcycle - they were blown away .
Very cold start to its life - but looking forward to many miles of smiles !

Initial Post :

I have been lurking on this forum now for a few months as I did my homework on the Rocket 3 and I have to say that I am really impressed by the camaraderie and insights which you all share.
I just ordered a new Rocket 3 Roadster and you folks here and the Facebook page for R3 owners really helped me with the decision. Thank you !

The fact that this is such a truly worldwide community is also amazing since there are always slightly different perspectives from folks around the world which you can learn from.

I currently ride a Triumph Trophy SE which I plan to hold on to also and expect to have the Roadster in next couple of weeks !

I am originally from Glasgow in Scotland and have been living in North Carolina in the US now for 18 years. Married, 3 kids (two married, one at college) and now time to enjoy some quality time with my Good Lady.

Thanks for the guidance and the grins on the forum
- Mike
You seem like a very good fellow. I hope you don't class the place up too much

Back