Headlight Modulator

Bigfoot

.060 Over
Ride
2006 Rocket Classic, 2007 Rocket
Has anyone else hooked up a headlight modulator on their Rocket or any other bike.
Once I got mine hooked up, more difficult than I thought , but figured it out eventually.
Anyway, The first day riding I could see 3 cars hit their brakes again at the crossroad and or stop sign. The funny or strange part is the first 2 days I was following a car/ truck on a two lane road and they pulled over on the shoulder and let me pass, I guess that is an added bonus for being seen better.But once again it was proven that some people are just stupid, I had one women look towards me and pull out in front anyway. So hopefully these will help most of the time. One more funny story on these, yesterday I was coming up on about 15 ****** rockets in the left lane doing about 70mph. Just to give a better understanding to the story they were all black, I am not, not that theres anything wrong with that but anyway, all of a sudden they all slowed down to about 60 and pulled over to the right lane, I then proceeded to buzz on by and just waved to them as I drove by, now the grin is still always on my face while riding the Beast, but this time I was glad to have a full face on so they couldnt see it getting bigger as I drove by them. I think the thing that confuses people is the dual headlight configuration but they do both flash at the same time and do not alternate, I have driven behind the police a couple of times and they didnt seem to worry about me so I guess they are legal in all 50 states as advertised.

It can be quite annoying to have those lights flashing in your mirrors. I was riding with a few other bikes and the guy behind me had one of those modulators. I pulled over and waved him past.

I used VisaPath and had to splice wires in order to get the unit under the gas tank. If you are good at schematics and or electrical work it should be a snap, needless to say I am not , but getting better

I have had a Kisan for 4 years and they definately work 98% of whe time when you make eye contact with a driver at an intersection they are already looking at you, very good insurance.

mikeg

+1 on the Kisan...best safety purchase I've ever made. Get the Tailblazer that strobes the brake light too :wink:

This is an interesting topic. In my riding club there are a couple who have their bikes equipped with the modulators. I noticed them right away so they clearly draw the eye.

But as mentioned above, I have also had them behind me and I find that they draw my eye. Which means if they are behind me they are a distraction. In cases of a tight formation if I go down (due to being distracted) they will go down too... on top of me.

So I personally have mixed feelings about them. I don't know the specific laws but my understanding is they cannot be used after dark.

I use mine when I feel I need them. if riding behind in traffic I try to turn them off as to not bother anyone They are wired into the brights so of I want to turn them off or on I just go to high beams,or not. Mine has a sensor that automatically shuts them off at dusk If I am in unfamiliar territory I put them on around strange intersections etc. I try to be considerate but also want the cages to see me first.

Back