Headlight Modulator

Bear in mind that most LED units have stabilising electronics (drivers) inside. They will more than likely interpret modulating as poor supply and try to negate the flashing. What may happen is that you basically end up with a dim LED light. Typically flashing is how LED lights are dimmed - albeit very fast.

If you want modulated lights - fit some cheap LED DRLs and a led flasher.

Modulating lights MAY have been a good concept on basic Halogen lights with scatter - but on highly directional LED units are - imo - a serious waste of time and money.
Want to be seen - fit aux lights made for that purpose.

Well, this is exactly why I love this forum. I don't know these things! Thanks, @barbagris for clarifying. I guess I should also remember that the LED's will be more visible just by the nature of what they are. I like your idea of the DRL's.

The modulators have been around a looooong time. I only see them once in a great while.....
I chose to not use one (and I'm a big believer in conspicuity for safety) because, I figured some distracted/impaired/skill less dullard might mistake it for "I'm flashing my lights to say: go ahead, turn left in front of me"

Back