Headlight covers

Zim - For what it's worth - I tried some of the laminate stick-on protectors (Ventureshield iirc) and on smaller lights (car factory fitted fog lights) the heat build up cracked the glass. The glass wont shatter due to the laminate/adhesive - but it's till an MoT fail here. You need about 6-8mm non laminated (unprotected) glass around the edges - metal bowls act as heatsinks and help.

If it were me - I'd cough up and fit the Kiwi stuff - unless you aiming to catch a large nugget or two in the reflectors. The grill idea is an MoT fail here too.

Zim - For what it's worth - I tried some of the laminate stick-on protectors (Ventureshield iirc) and on smaller lights (car factory fitted fog lights) the heat build up cracked the glass. The glass wont shatter due to the laminate/adhesive - but it's till an MoT fail here. You need about 6-8mm non laminated (unprotected) glass around the edges - metal bowls act as heatsinks and help.

If it were me - I'd cough up and fit the Kiwi stuff - unless you aiming to catch a large nugget or two in the reflectors. The grill idea is an MoT fail here too.

MOT not a problem,we dont have them.Once your bike is lic,it stays that way for life as long as you pay the money.
Im looking at some off a Kenworth truck on Monday.I think they have some kind of spacer to stop heat build up.
Thanks for mentioning that because I was wondering about the heat.
I was also think about those old school style mesh covers.

Im not too fussed about them to spend $75. I might cut out some perspex and glue them on with 4 blobs of silicon. My yamaha had that for years and its only for the trip that I want them on..

Back