HEAD COUNT for RAA WEST 2018

Would enjoy having you as a neighbor, Anthony!
Rob, Mike, You, my Bro Dan & I would make a formidable motor riding group!!!

D@mn, not sure my ego can handle being the slowest of the bunch. :D:D:D

I know you and Dan are better riders than I. Rob appears to be as well. I don't think I've read posts from Mike about his riding style and relative speed, but I'm sure he is up there in the ability regards.

Question number one for everyone. If you are running a RAMAir it would make sense that you need to open up the exhaust also to let the engine breath properly?

Mileage is how you ride as much as anything. When I got the bike last year and was babying it the first 500 miles around town and short rides I was easily in the low 20s mpg (US). After the first oil change I was getting in the mid 30s and on long haul interstate I was up to 42 mpg.

I put TORS on late in the year and loaded a Hanso tune that focused on performance and had low to mid 30s mpg.

Then I started reading this dang site and got a bit of the performance bug.

I got a Ramair over the winter and a new crossover from @Paul Bryant that I will install with the TORS. I am sure I will play with a couple different tunes and if I can keep the mpg around 30 I will be happy.

I agree with others you need to check the mileage the old fashion way to see how accurate your gizmo is.

I know you and Dan are better riders than I. Rob appears to be as well. I don't think I've read posts from Mike about his riding style and relative speed, but I'm sure he is up there in the ability regards.

I have moments of riding fast but rarely will I go out and just decided “warp speed from here till I stop riding”. Those days are done at least until I get out of the Army.

Pretty sure you would NOT be that guy!!! :thumbsup:

What's the ballpark of the consult cost?

I'm guessing $250 - $300.
Once I have an idea of the number, I shall negotiate the best price with Nels.
I bring Nels a lot of business, so I'm sure he will cut us a more than fair price.

Please SIGN UP if interested in a Nels Dyno Tune!
He need to plan out his business day (July 19th).

Boys & Girls
RAA West is starting to shape up!
For those of you coming to my place in Tacoma, we will flop here on July 14th and ride out the 15th for Lewiston, ID. (adjacent to Clarkston, WA).
For Sunday night, July 16th, I have reserved a block of rooms for us under "RAA - Rockets Across America" at the group rate of $54.40 for a two bed ground floor room at:
Rodeway Inn
3120 N and South Hwy
Lewiston, ID 83501

Please let me know if you are crashing here (park trailers) on Thursday the 14th.
Please call the Rodeway Inn for your July 15th reservations.

Monday, July 16th, we will ride the Rattlesnake Canyon, Hells Canyon & spend the night in Baker City, OR.
More to come . . .

Back